FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vector GFX

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
Vector GFX
on May 19, 2010 at 8:07:04 pm

I am the first to admit it... I am an Illustrator Idiot. I've gotten an .ai file that I'm trying to get through ProAnimator 4.5.1. Got rid of any layer I didn't need (it's a map of the state and had the name as well as the mileage legend on it), tried to type>create outline and the option was greyed out. It has an outline (or so it seems). When I import to ProA, I get an inverted version of the graphic- a rectangle with the state punched out of it. Any advice? I'm not going to send it to anyone so they can bail me out. I need to learn this myself, so the advice is better than doing it for me. I've watched the tutorials and they're not helping me. I know, learn Illustrator... it's on the list, right after find new career...

Thanks,
Scott

Scott
OSX 10.5.5
Quad 2.5Ghz
8.5 GB RAM
Final Cut Studio 6.0.4
HPX 2000

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Vector GFX
on May 19, 2010 at 9:57:31 pm

Hi Scott,

What you're running into is that all the shapes are in one layer, so the program interprets this as you wanting to perform a cut out on the shapes. This is why you end up getting a rectangle with the state punched out. To fix this, take each element of your logo, and place them into a separate layer in Illustrator and re-save the Illustrator project. Then, when you import the Illustrator file, each layer will become a different object.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]