FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Invigorator PRO 4.5.1 Almost Unusable

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Miller
3D Invigorator PRO 4.5.1 Almost Unusable
on May 17, 2010 at 7:21:26 pm

Hi there,

I've been using Invigorator PRO for years now with great success..but only in :30 spots. Recently, our business has shifted to longer-format material (3-4 minutes in length) and Invigorator has started acting wacky.

Firstly, it crashes all of the time. Secondly, it corrupts the AE file and
Thirdly it has created a situation where I can only save a project 2-3 times before I get a crash. So, after 2 or 3 saves I have to quit AE and relaunch so I make sure I don't lose any work. It's been a very poor workflow.

I've been using AE CS3 with all updates on a Mac running 10.6 with all updates as well. Excuse me if I'm a bit unsure of exact specs as I've been out of the country and away from my computers for a month trekking in Tibet.

I'm debating upgrading to AE CS5 and was curious if these issues I'm experiencing are with my setup only (ghost in the machine) or if others have experienced similar problems.

I'm happy to upload a project file if needed. I'm just up against a wall since we have a lot of these long-format videos to produce and I NEED Invigorator PRO to work. Before I went trekking, I was able to keep working on segments of the client's project by removing the Zaxwerks folder from the plug-ins folder and put it on my desktop. Without the Invig Pro plugin invoked, I was able to work as normal without any issues.

Thanks for any insight. I literally noticed I was ripping hair out of my head a month ago as it all ended up in my keyboard. I'd like to keep what I have left once I begin work on the next videos!

Take care,
Jon

TreeLine Productions
Fort Collins, CO USA

Currently producing these popular podcasts:
"The Rest of Everest" Video Podcast *Voted as one of iTunes' "Best of 2006" & "Best of 2007 Classics" podcasts

*Nominated for "Best Video Podcast" in the 2007 People's Choice Podcast Awards
http://www.therestofeverest.com

"Beyond the Movement: The Pilates Podcast" http://www.thepilatespodcast.com

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: 3D Invigorator PRO 4.5.1 Almost Unusable
on May 18, 2010 at 12:02:25 am

Hi Jon,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're running into. You may be running into an issue where your 3D Invigorator Pro Preference files have been corrupted. To reset the Preference file, go to your "Users > Library > Preferences" folder, and delete the "Zaxwerks Invigorator Prefs" file. This should allow you to open up project files that have been corrupted. If you are not able to open up any of the project files, you are welcome to send them over to me and I can try opening them up for you. My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com

Also, try not to use After Effects crash projects. These projects are very unstable and tend to crash and corrupt projects even further. If you work with these files, you are very likely to run into further crashes.

We are currently in the process of converting our plug-ins to be 64-bit compatible, so at this moment, they are not compatible with After Effects CS5. We are expecting the conversion process to be done by the end of summer.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Jonathan Miller
on May 18, 2010 at 6:25:31 am

Thanks for the response, Edward!

I never use the crashed files (I'm assuming you mean the ones AE writes when it crashes?). If I crash and have lost work, I re-do the work lost. Luckily I've been using AE for about 13-14 years so I save without thinking. I don't usually lose too much work since chances are I saved a few minutes prior to a crash....

I just have whittled my issues down to the Invigorator plugin since, as I mentioned, I can remove it's folder from the plug-in folder and work on sections of Comps that don't use an instance of Invig Pro without any issues.

Again, I've never had any issues before when working on :30 spots, but these longer Comps are having issues left and right. I even did a clean re-install of the OS and all applications mid-way through the last project and it didn't seem to help much. I figured it had something to do with my Mac Pro.

Any other ideas? Thanks for the heads-up on the CS5 compatibility problem right now. I certainly won't upgrade until end of Summer now.

Take care,
Jon

TreeLine Productions
Fort Collins, CO USA

Currently producing these popular podcasts:
"The Rest of Everest" Video Podcast *Voted as one of iTunes' "Best of 2006" & "Best of 2007 Classics" podcasts

*Nominated for "Best Video Podcast" in the 2007 People's Choice Podcast Awards
http://www.therestofeverest.com

"Beyond the Movement: The Pilates Podcast" http://www.thepilatespodcast.com

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on May 18, 2010 at 11:18:50 pm

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the detailed information. If possible, try to find a sequence where the project consistently crashes, then see if it's possible to simplify the issue. If you're able to find a consistent method that crashes the program, you can send the process and the project file to us, and we'll be able to look at the project and see if we can narrow down the issue.

If the program crashes randomly, you can try saving the crash logs so we can look into what may be causing the issue for you.

In the mean time, if it seems like you are struggling with the bigger projects, you can try separating your project into different compositions and pre-comps, and see if that helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]