FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Zaxwerks project in this file is corrupt. Please use a backup instead

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Manuel
on May 10, 2010 at 6:31:56 am

Hi Guys, I'm begin a little of help...

While working in a CS4 project using invigorator, I tried to import a 3DS model into a new comp, it did it, after showing me a blank desktop for some seconds, I could see the model inside my project and also orbit a bit, but suddenly AE crashed.

At this point was impossible to make a backup to this project, because AE crashed completely. After restaring my project it shows me the alert:

After that I could see my whole project, but the window of Invigorator is black. I tried to use a version saved formerly of my project (this is not the one I was working when AE crashed) but when opens shows me the same alert.

Please, do you have any advice to restore invigorator in my project, I'm using Trapcode Particular also and a lot of masks used, ufffff

Thanks in advance, Charles

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: A Zaxwerks project in this file is corrupt. Please use a backup instead
on May 10, 2010 at 7:01:38 pm

Hi Charles,

Try resetting your Invigorator Preferences, and this should help you to open up your existing project without the error message. To do this, go your your "Users > Library > Preferences" folder, and delete the "Zaxwerks Invigorator Prefs" file. After deleting the Preference file, try opening up your After Effects project and see if you could open up your project.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Charles Manuel
on May 10, 2010 at 11:54:08 pm

Hi Edward:

I tried everything without sucess, I deleted the prefs, unistall and reinstall the program and nothing. I have to make all my project almost new.Anyway thanks a lot for your time.

Regards, carlos

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on May 11, 2010 at 4:24:09 pm

Hi Charles,

Try sending me the project file and I'll take a look to see if I can open it without getting the corrupted project error message.

My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Charles Manuel
on May 12, 2010 at 12:32:58 am

Hi Ed:

Thanks God I saved previously the same project with the same name in other partition of my HD, the only way I could load this project after a lot of tests is changing it's name, doing this I could working again without losing my work, uffff this is maybe a bug of After Effects or Invigorator??? anyway I will send you the principal project to see if you could open it, and if you have sucess is good to know the result for the whole Zax community.

On the other hand, and maybe is better I make a new post for this, but anyway I ask you, how could I fit exactly a JPG image onto a shape in Invigorator ?, I'm using a project Dv 720x480 and also I prepare my image the same size,and I'm using a heart as a vector shape anyway when I use it as a layer map, the image lose it's aspect ratio, seems as squezee in width.

Thanks again for your support

Charles

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
on May 12, 2010 at 3:41:02 am

Hi Charles,

Your composition/Output is not relevant when mapping an object. See it as a scene. what matters is the size/aspect ratio of your object. Once you figure this one out, then you just need to create a comp (In case of layer mapping) at the same aspect ratio.

Simple example: if you object is 150 X 200 pixels in IL, you should then create a composition/Layer Map at a 3:4 aspect ratio. The easiest way in this very example would be to create a comp at 150 X 200 pixels, check the "Lock Aspect Ratio to..." box then alter your width or height to reach a value that is good enough to get you a smooth map.

If you have any questions, just let us know.

Salut.
Serge

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on May 12, 2010 at 9:56:33 pm

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the tip about changing the file name. I didn't know about that.

Sure, I'll definitely take a look at the project file when you send it to me.

I think Serge already answered your question pretty well. The main gist of using a layer map is to make the image the same exact size as the vector shape. This means trimming the edges (all four sides) so that there are no margins. Once the layer map is the same exact size as your heart shape, it should fit perfectly.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]