FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE crashes with ProAnimator plug-in

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Tierney
AE crashes with ProAnimator plug-in
on Apr 30, 2010 at 6:41:29 pm

I just purchased and downloaded proanimator and the AE plug-in is extremely buggy. It will allow me to create text without any problems, but when I open the editor (stage window and animation timeline) it starts to flash rapidly where the two windows overlap and does not allow access to the program. I figured out I can click over to finder and click back on the proanimator stage window and i can make adjustments, but 90% of the time when I click OK it crashes AE altogether. Also, if i click on the animation timeline window, It greys out both screens until I click outside the program.

The standalone program works fine.

If anyone knows a solution, i will be extremely grateful... I'm under a time crunch and don't have time to composite 3D between Maya and AE so I need this program to work ASAP.

here are my basic system specs:
AE version: CS4
Processor: Intel 8 core 2.26GHz
16 GB ram

here is an image of the two windows when i launch the plugin:

Return to posts index

Joe Tierney
Re: AE crashes with ProAnimator plug-in
on Apr 30, 2010 at 8:29:04 pm

Problem already resolved... For anyone else who runs into this problem, I did some research and the issue is zaxwerks does not function properly if one of your AE tabs is detached from the main screen. You can put all your tabs in the main window a stretch that across all of your screens if you have a multi-display setup.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: AE crashes with ProAnimator plug-in
on Apr 30, 2010 at 11:02:17 pm

Hi Joe,

Right. If you switch to the Effects workspace, and then reset the Workspace back to the default, it'll dock all the panels. Then, you can just switch between your favorite workspace and the Effects workspace when you are launching the ProAnimator interface.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]