FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reflector & Particular

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bruce tovsky
Reflector & Particular
on Mar 9, 2010 at 9:00:54 pm

hello
i just got Reflector to use in an AE CS4 project, to reflect a layer of multiple photos created using Trapcode's Particular plugin. i setup a "floor" layer per the directions, positioned it and the Particular layer where i wanted them, hit the update button on Reflector and no reflection from the Particular layer. i double-checked that the Particular layer was 3D - it was. i also tried precomping the layer to see if that helped and it didn't. just to make sure that Reflector was indeed working i brought a simple photo in to the comp, made it 3D, positioned it and clicked the update button and presto, i had a reflecting photo. so it seems that Reflector will not reflect a Particular 3D layer. an additional note: when i precomped the Particular layer and then clicked on the "collapse transformations" button Reflector crashed AE.
any thoughts? i bought Reflector just to reflect this Particular layer, so it's a bit of a bummer that it doesn't work. looks like i'll have to bring in, position, and animate a slew of photos by hand. aagh.
cheers
bruce

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Reflector & Particular
on Mar 10, 2010 at 12:25:36 am

Hi Bruce.

Are you able to send me a sample project and a few steps to follow? I'd be happy to take a look.

Send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]