FORUMS: list search recent posts

Texture looks fine in AE, but flickers in render

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Reale
Texture looks fine in AE, but flickers in render
on Feb 5, 2010 at 4:52:31 pm

I created some 3D text in 3D Invigorator in After Effects. I created a custom texture with reflection and bump mapping to make it looked like brushed steal. I told it to use comp camera and lights. I'm also using Optical Flares on the lights (but the problem occurs whether I have OF turned on or off). What happens it when I scrub through the animation, everything looks fine. But when I render it, the texture seems to flicker on and off randomly on certain frames. When I go to that frame in AE, it looks fine. But it shows up in the final render.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Texture looks fine in AE, but flickers in render
on Feb 5, 2010 at 6:40:09 pm

Hi Tony,

You may be running into a flickering issue if you are using Multiprocessing, or it may be your texture on your object that is causing the flicker. What you can do is to either disable Multiprocessing, or load your texture map as a Layer Map first, then apply the layer map onto your object. You should no flickering issues once you use either of the techniques.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Tony Reale
on Feb 5, 2010 at 8:49:20 pm

Thanks Edward,

After much frustration and countless troubleshooting trials and errors, I FINALLY figured out the problem. My render settings in AE were set to OpenGL - Interactive. When I changed it to OpenGL - Always On it rendered fine. Then I had to change the settings in the Render Queue to use OpenGL and it rendered fine.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Feb 5, 2010 at 10:03:48 pm

Hi Tony,

Great to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. Thanks for the tip!

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]