FORUMS: list search recent posts

newbie question - how to prevent objects from cutting through each other in animation

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Driesen
newbie question - how to prevent objects from cutting through each other in animation
on Jan 16, 2010 at 2:00:19 pm

Hello there,

I'm just taking my first steps in the "Zax" world and one of the things I struggle with the most is avoiding objects from cutting through each other in an (by "try" generated) animation.
Is there an easy solution? Or do I have to adjust every object manually, and if so what's the best way to do it...

I joined a screenshot to show my problem.

Mark

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: newbie question - how to prevent objects from cutting through each other in animation
on Jan 19, 2010 at 7:02:57 pm

Hi Mark,

When using the "Try" preset animations, the program applies a pre-made animation onto your object. This means that it will act according to the pre-made animation, and not take into account where your objects are, or whether they intersect with other objects.

If you have an animation in mind, the best way is to create the animation manually, so that the animation flows according to how you've imagined it. If you are working with presets to get the flow of the animation together, you can go to individual pose positions, and re-arrange the object so that they don't intersect with one another. If the animation is intersecting at a transition, consider adding more "Arch" to the animation so that it flows in a different direction. You can also add more poses to give the animation more control.

To push your objects back, you can use the "Move XYZ" controls in the "Animation" window. Select the checkbox, then type in a value for "Z" and it will move your objects further or closer to the camera. This will help prevent your objects from intersecting.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Mark Driesen
Re: newbie question - how to prevent objects from cutting through each other in animation
on Jan 19, 2010 at 7:11:52 pm

Ok great!
I'll try this

Thanks

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]