FORUMS: list search recent posts

AI path import...very frustrated

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Baker
AI path import...very frustrated
on Jan 11, 2010 at 9:26:34 pm

I just bought and dloaded the current version of ProAnimator/AE but using as a stand alone.

I have tried everything suggested from searches and cannot get AI paths to import. This was supposed to be easy and one of the main reasons that I purchased the software.

I have filled with black...saved as every version from legacy to current and cannot get my paths...3 simple shapes and text turned to paths...to import at all...and it keeps crashing the app if I try to import as CS3 Illustrator.

Please help me or I have to get a refund and go to Cinema 4D or something.

Thanks,

Tim Baker

Chameleon Mobile Video Productions

(239)849-3295

"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: AI path import...very frustrated
on Jan 11, 2010 at 9:52:04 pm

Hi Tim,

Some of the key things to check is that you save the Illustrator File with compression turned OFF. In addition, be sure that you do not have any pixel elements within that file.

If you are still having issues, please send the file to me at ed@zaxwerks.com

I'll take a look at your Illustrator file and see what you are running into.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Tim Baker
on Jan 11, 2010 at 10:00:48 pm

Hey Ed,

Thanks for the quick feedback...I think I found it...the file was from an engineer and he had a lot of "trash" in the image that I missed when I tried to clean it up for import.

Operator Error...doh...but another issue that I am having now...got it to come in as CS2..looks ok, but when I try to apply a look to it...it applies to the whole image...not what I have selected with a red marque...any tip on how to get my individual AI groups to act alone...or separate?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Baker

(239)849-3295

"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should seek...it is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index

Reuben Zuazua
on Jan 11, 2010 at 10:37:34 pm

Glad u went with Zax...
You can import the files individually as separate layers then animate them seperate... make sure that each object is in a seperate layer in AI.
Im locale if you want to meet up over coffee its going to be along night
**New addition**
there is also the open as layers option upon opening an AI file when u start up ProAnimator

Reuben Zuazua
After Hours Production
graFX Artist
indie@afterhoursproduction.com

Return to posts index

Tim Baker
on Jan 11, 2010 at 10:47:48 pm

Hey Reuben...the separate layers is great new info...I'll jump on that tomorrow and let you know what I get going...I also need to rewatch the tutorial videos...I am sure that will get me going better, as well.

When you say local...how local...I am in Clermont.

Thanks again,

Tim Baker

(239)849-3295

Return to posts index

Tim Baker
on Jan 11, 2010 at 11:59:41 pm

Ok...so I redid my AI and put everything in its own doc and imported seperately...seems like a lot of work, but it is the only way I can get them to act independent for some reason. But now I have two items on separate tracks that I need to lock together so that they move together. How can I combine two tracks but keep their individuality as far as textures/looks/etc.?

Tim Baker

(239)849-3295

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jan 12, 2010 at 5:57:47 pm

Hi Tim,

To move objects to the same object track, go to the Animation window, and on the top left, select "Track Commands" and "Move Selected Objects to", then select the object track that you want to move the objects to.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Jan 12, 2010 at 12:13:46 am

Hi Tim,

Great advice from Reuben. Aside from the "Open by Layers" command, you can also use the "Dismantle Incoming Groups" option. This option will ungroup all objects from Illustrator, and make them all into individual pieces in ProAnimator.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Reuben Zuazua
on Jan 12, 2010 at 12:14:25 am

Yeah, Sorry, I assumed form SoFl FCUG that you where in FL... Im in Ft. Lauderdale... so not locale at all...
But the reason you can select the individual pieces is because of the single layer use.
Even more specific is the grouping of that layer.
I have Illustrator CS3. I grabed a logo that was an Ai file. Ungrouped it, Brought that into ProAnimator and I was able to animate sections seperatly and color them different also

Reuben Zuazua
After Hours Production
graFX Artist
indie@afterhoursproduction.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]