FORUMS: list search recent posts

3d Space/stacking order work arounds for Invigorator Pro

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Matthies
3d Space/stacking order work arounds for Invigorator Pro
on Jan 10, 2010 at 5:10:55 pm

Does anybody have any suggestions for making Pro Invigorator interact better with After Effects 3d layers? Specifically, I have an animation with a lot of z depth, passing through one plane to reveal another, etc. Because Invigorator objects are technically a 2d layer they pop out in front of any after effects layer, even if the Invigorator Object is set back in 3d space. Work arounds that I have used are not revealing the Invigorator object until the object needs to appear via layer length or fading opacity and masking. These work most of the time, but I wonder if there is anything that I am missing. Particularly, I would love to make an Invigorator 3d object sit behind a 2D object without having to use an after effects layer as diffuse painting, or converting the invigorator file into a 3d object/live photoshop layer because of the obvious rending required. If anyone else has any helpful hints let me know.

Return to posts index

Serge Hamad
Re: 3d Space/stacking order work arounds for Invigorator Pro
on Jan 11, 2010 at 2:48:47 am

Hi David,

If you use the AE camera and the Track 3D Layer feature you should be able to merge both 3D worlds quite nicely.

Another alternative would be to use Invigorator's 3D world only. Your after effects layers would then be mapped to several Invigorator 3D plane objects. You may need to assign each plane to a different set to be able to individually animate your planes.

Use the Absolute Color when mapping your AE layers to avoid highlights and precomp them of course if you are applying any effects etc...

Does this help?

Salut.
Serge

New! InvigoMany-Media volume I & II available here:
http://www.nyc-visual.com

Invigorator/Proanimator Training: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hamad_serge/invig_training.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]