FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disappearing Images in ProAnimator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Thiessen
Disappearing Images in ProAnimator
on Nov 4, 2009 at 5:53:01 pm

Hello! First of all, let me say that you guys do a great job maintaining this forum and the quality of responses and aid is outstanding!

Now, I'm having a lot of trouble with ProAnimator FX plug-in on Final Cut. Here's the situation:
I am trying to finish up a commercial for a client, the commercial contains 2 ProAnimator scenes (they are DVD boxes and Digipacks (primatives w/material swatches on them), and one appears twice) I originally started this project on my edit suite, but mid way through I've had some computer issues come up so I backed up all my work on an external and am currently working off of that on a different suite (with all the same hardware and up to date versions of Final Cut and ProAnimator). Now this is all well and good, however whenever anything moves around an animator file (either above or below it) the file will loose it's material swatches properties and revert to its original grey color - sometimes when it happens in the middle of a clip the sequence will start of with it's materials - loose them - and then they will return at the end of the clip.

I am quite stuck and loose a lot of time having to re-apply all the material swatches to my files and then rerender them. Any help?

Thanks,

Joel

Return to posts index

Joel Thiessen
Re: Disappearing Images in ProAnimator
on Nov 4, 2009 at 6:41:00 pm

And to add, all the files are in their respective folders, none have gone missing or have moved to a new location.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Nov 4, 2009 at 7:25:55 pm

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it!

What I think you may be running into is that the materials are being lost in the rendering process. This may be because it is getting processed through the multiple cores on your computer.

What you may try doing is importing your texture maps into Final Cut Pro, and applying them as Layer Maps for your materials. To do this, import your texture maps using the File > Import command, then place the image files onto the Final Cut Pro track. Then, go to the Filters tab to access the ProAnimator controls, and drag the texture map image from the track into the image well for "Layer Map 1". You can then go into the ProAnimator interface, and apply the Layer Map onto your material.

Try to do this for the materials that are getting lost and see if you are still running into any issues.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Nov 4, 2009 at 7:51:24 pm

Actually, to clarify, when applying a Layer Map, you do not need to drag it onto the track first. Drag the texture map directly from your File Library to the Layer Map 1 image well.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]