FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE pro animator plugin stuck

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Kerby
AE pro animator plugin stuck
on Oct 31, 2009 at 4:38:09 am

Hello,

When I click on ProAnimator in AE to make adjustments, it goes to PA but it only shows me the timeline and set up window. All other controls are missing... Like camera, lighting, object, materials, styles, etc... Even the "zaxwerks PRO animator" and gears background picture don't show up...

I just started hitting buttons and when I did apple tab to goto another application in the OSX the PA settings appeared. If I click in the PA timeline to scrub it will scrub but if I then try to change the lighting it won't let me unless I first do (apple tab) and then I can, like it refreshes with an apple tab... It's really weird...

I have......
Rebooted, trashed pref for AE and PA and neither worked... I also turned off multiprocessing... Not to be negative but this is on top of glintwerks randomly crashing my system and more then not every time I open Zaxwerks PA I have to locate all my .jpg that I used for textures... Really frustrating me...

Maybe I have a box checked that I am not suppose to... I'll except user error, I just want it to run smoothly...

Thank you for any advice... Maybe I reinstall? It's just a plug in though...

OSX 10.5.8 ProAni 4.5.1 glintwerks 1.5.0 (I think thats up to date?)
MacPro 3.0Ghz 8 core, 16 gig ram, ati 4870...

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: AE pro animator plugin stuck
on Nov 2, 2009 at 7:24:51 pm

Hi Paul,

From your descriptions, it sounds like you are having an issue where ProAnimator is conflicting with the undocked panels within After Effects.

When you have undocked panels within After Effects, it will cause flickering effects and not have the interface load up properly in After Effects. To fix this, go to the "Workspace" menu, and select the "Effects" workspace. Then, with the "Effects" workspace selected, select the "Reset Effects" command, and you will see a dialog box asking if you would like to discard changes made to the workspace. Click on the "OK" button to discard the changes.

Now, using the Effects workspace, you should have no issues running ProAnimator within After Effects. To make things more convenient, you can save your own favorite workspace, and toggle between workspaces when you need to use ProAnimator.

In regards to ProAnimator asking you to locate an image file, it means you have saved a material in the material bin that is using a texture map, but the texture map has been moved or deleted on your computer. Now, the program is trying to re-locate the texture map. If you look in your material bin, you should be able to see a material swatch that has a question mark in the bottom right corner of the swatch. You can then load the swatch into the Material Editor by double clicking on the swatch, and re-linking the texture map. After re-linking the texture map, you should no longer see the dialog box when running ProAnimator. If you feel that you don't need the material swatch, you can just click on the swatch, and delete the swatch, and you will not see the dialog box as well.

If Glintwerks is crashing, please see if you can retrieve a crash log and send it to me at ed@zaxwerks.com

We can take a look at the crash log to determine what is causing the crashes for you.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Paul Kerby
on Nov 4, 2009 at 9:45:16 am

You were spot on with that fix... I should have tried a little harder problem solving, sorry... It's just still so foreign to me. I don't know all the little ins and outs you learn over time. So of course I was losing my mind. Thank you very much for the help. I will def be sending you a glintwerks log. I'm sure it's something I've done. :)

Thank you again.

Hello Hurricane Nov 10th

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Nov 4, 2009 at 7:09:31 pm

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear everything has worked out. Thanks for the update.

If you get a crash log from Glintwerks, please submit it to ed@zaxwerks.com and we'll take a look into what is causing the issue.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]