FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt Invig Pro file?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wilcox
Corrupt Invig Pro file?
on Oct 19, 2009 at 7:56:08 pm

Running Pro 4.5.1 on an Intel Mac with After Effects CS3. Working along and out of nowhere I will get the message "An Invigorator save error has occurred. This file is now corrupt. Do not save this over an existing file. If I save as a an incremented version of the project, I and reopen I have the layer(s) with Invig are locked up. Needless to say, I then lose whatever I may have done since the last successful save.

I do not have to be working with that layer at the time to have this happen. Perhaps this is occurring during AE's autosave? Really hope something can be done about this...

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Corrupt Invig Pro file?
on Oct 19, 2009 at 11:53:59 pm

Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear about that you got a corrupted file error message. I have not heard about an issue dealing with the Autosave, but I will take a look and see what is causing the issue.

There are a couple things you can try that could help you out in your situation with the corrupted projects. It is possible that it is 3D Invigorator, the 3D Invigorator preferences, or the material swatches that have gotten corrupted.

Below are the steps you can try:

1) Re-install 3D Invigorator. If you are opening the project and getting a corrupted file dialog box, this can help.

2) Deleting the 3D Invigorator Preference file. Go to your "Users > Library > Preferences" folder, and delete the "Zaxwerks Invigorator Prefs" file.

3) Resetting the Zaxwerks Swatches. Go to the "Documents > Zaxwerks" folder, and delete the "3D Invigorator" folder.

Also, note that it is not good working with After Effects crash files. Even though After Effects gives you an option to save the AFter Effects project during the crash, the crash saved file will be much more prone to future crashes. So, it's not recommended that you work from the crash file unless you did not save the project at all.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]