FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Animator Rendering Problem....

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Carroll
Pro Animator Rendering Problem....
on Aug 6, 2009 at 10:54:46 pm

hey there,
i purchased Pro Animator a few months back and just today got to playing around with it for the first time. Pretty cool stuff with one glaring problem, it doesnt render the file properly.

i click render, adjust the settings, and then name the file. it says it's rendering however when it finishes and i go to preview the rendered file, i get either a white screen or a black screen. thats it. i have tried rendering as an "animation", "AVI", "H264", and a "MPEG4" file. get the same results with everything i try.

any suggestions?

thanks!
Dennis

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Pro Animator Rendering Problem....
on Aug 7, 2009 at 5:18:19 pm

Hi Dennis,

Make sure that you are running ProAnimator version 4.5.1.

In addition, be sure to have QuickTime 7 or DirectX 9. If you do not have QuickTime or DirectX, then it will render with a black screen.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Lee Menningen
on Aug 20, 2009 at 12:18:14 am

Well, I have ProAnimator 4.5.1, QuickTime 7.6.2, and DirectX 10. Nevertheless, a render produces nothing but black. I also notice that nothing shows up in the big window while rendering, whereas a year ago you could see the individual frames being built by the render process.

I am using the "animation" preset which I believe makes mov files (since ProAnimator's H.264 doesn't make HD files) and I don't see a place to make mpeg-2 HD. But I think it worked a year ago.

So what other tricks are there to get the render to actually render?

Lee

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Aug 20, 2009 at 5:37:28 pm

Hi Lee,

Right, when you are rendering, you should be able to see the individual frames of your animation.

When you are creating your, you can first select your project resolution in "Camera Mode". Then, in the compression setting, you can select what compressor you want to use.

As for your rendering issue, try going into Camera Mode, and make sure you are using the "Invigorator Renderer".

Another thing you can try is to run Quicktime in Safe Mode.

To do this, go to your Quicktime player. Select Edit > Preferences > Quicktime Preferences. Go to the "Advanced" tab, and check the setting for "Safe Mode".

If you are still running into issues, please provide your system specs so I can see if I can duplicate your issue.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Lee Menningen
on Aug 21, 2009 at 1:15:03 am

OK, thanks, Edward. I performed both of your suggestions with the following results:

1. Using the Invigorator Renderer rather than High-Quality OpenGL. That works, whether or not QuickTime is in Safe GDI more only, or DirectX enabled.
2. Using the HQ-OpenGL renderer does not work; no frames are shown in the window while rendering and the finished product plays in QT as nothng but a black screen - with one exception: the first frame (which in my case has only the edge of some text on it) shows something but all subsequent frames are black.
3. Setting QuickTime to Safe Mode (GDI only) or DirectX had no bearing on the results, regardless which Renderer is used.

Thanks for your tips - the programmer in me is curious why the OpenGL renderer doesn't work, though. Any thoughts?

Lee

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Aug 21, 2009 at 5:44:22 pm

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you're able to render now.

I'm thinking it could be a graphics card driver that it causing the issue with rendering in High Quality Open-GL. If you update your graphics card driver, it might solve the issue for you. However, keep in mind that most of the time, you will want to keep final renders in Invigorator Renderer because High Quality Open GL Renderer does not render shadows, transparencies, or bump maps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]