FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flying paper tips

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Fant
Flying paper tips
on Aug 3, 2009 at 4:57:01 pm

Hi guys,

I'm working on a project where I need to animate a photo coming from a printer tray towards the camera. It needs to look bend/wave like a real photograph as it comes towards the camera and then flatten to fill the screen. Can you offer some tips for this??

Currently, this is the direction I've been trying:
1) Apply 3D Layer Warp to solid
2) Set front and back maps via Color Controls
3) Set Warp 1 using Twist One Side on Y Axis and adjust Warp Rotation until it looks right
4) Set Warp 2 using Twist One Side on Y Axis and adjust... but not looking the way I want.

Perhaps I need to different combo OR need to adjust other settings...???

Also... should I use the AE transform tools to increase the photo size from small to large as it moves towards the camera?

I'm looking for something similar to the paper animation at the beginning of Jon Okerstrom's airplane tutorial.

All tips welcome.

Return to posts index

Bill Fant
Re: Flying paper tips
on Aug 3, 2009 at 6:47:19 pm

Getting closer using Twist From Center for Warp 1 & 2 then experimenting with Warp Amount and Warp Rotation. I'm also using the Transform within the Warp 3D plugin to scale over time.

Still need to figure out best way to move from left to right while scaling plus find the right combo of setting and keyframes to make it look more realistic.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Aug 3, 2009 at 9:02:10 pm

Hi Bill,

What you can try doing is to use "Bend One Side" for the Warp 1 setting so you can get the "sliding out of printer tray" look. After letting it slide out, you can apply Warp 2 with "Twist One Side" and give it small values varying in positive and negative to give it a wiggling effect as it's sliding out. Then, eventually, remove the warp values so you end up with the flatten piece of paper.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Srinivas Gandhi
on Aug 4, 2009 at 2:17:27 pm

Just do what ever shot you want,but keep in mind to close up the photo paper tightly to the screen while coming out from printer.and just make the bend or wave in editing.
Hope this helps.
M.H.S.Srinivas Gandhi.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]