FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Layer Warp slows w/ comp lights

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins
3D Layer Warp slows w/ comp lights
on Jun 19, 2009 at 4:16:16 pm

I'm gradually figuring out do's and dont's of using 3D Layer Warp. Using multiprocessing really messes things up for sure. I still get this error message when I open up a project which contains a 3D Layer Warp effect: "Warning: Recovering from scene data error for command [[AlertUsersOfOffscreenWindows]] for class [[InvigSceneManager]] at byte 912". My current issue is in trying to use comp lights. As soon as I enable comp lights, things slow to a crawl. I can't scrub through the comp at all like I can otherwise. Even if I disable comp lights, sluggishness remains until I close the project and re-open it. I'm using AE CS3 on a Mac Pro w/ 8 gigs o' RAM. Lots of potential with this plug-in, but frustration level is usually on the upper half of the scale.

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: 3D Layer Warp slows w/ comp lights
on Jun 19, 2009 at 6:55:48 pm

Hi Jason,

Interesting warning dialog that you are getting. I have seen the message for other programs before, but haven't seen it in 3D Warps before. If you can send me a saved project to look at, that would be great.

My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com

For the comp lights, if you are using Parallel lights that are casting shadows, then it will cause the program to slow down because of the shadow calculations that it is going through. If you switch the layer from Best quality to Draft quality, you should be able to scrub through your project a lot more smoothly.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]