FORUMS: list search recent posts

applying a map onto letters coming from the text generator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucia Bastenhof
applying a map onto letters coming from the text generator
on Jun 13, 2009 at 7:19:33 pm

Hi,
I try to solve the problem of applying One Single Material on different objects, both into Invigorator and Pro Animator.

What I want to achieve is to apply ONE layer map which would appear spread onto the different letters.
No problem with a .ai file, where objects, letters, have been grouped together.
But I'm unable to achieve it with letters coming from the integrated text generator, both in Invigorator and ProAnimator.
In both cases, the layer map (applied at one time on all letters selected) appears on each letter separately. Not spread on the entire group.
In Invigorator, I checked, the letters, created together, belong to the same set.
But how can I tell that I want One map for the whole set ????
And how can I tell it into ProAnimator, where there are no set at all ???
I'm looking for answers into the 2 user guides... nothing.... :-/

Thanks for your help !! :-)

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: applying a map onto letters coming from the text generator
on Jun 15, 2009 at 6:09:21 pm

Hi Lucia,

When creating 3D Text from the text generator, each character is created as an object, so the map will get applied onto each character. To get your material to map onto multiple objects at the same time, you will need to use the Illustrator grouping method that you have tried. So, the workaround is to use the "Create Outlines" command for all the words that you need to create in Illustrator, and then importing that into 3D Invigorator or ProAnimator. Then, you should be able to apply the Layer Map without any issues.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Lucia Bastenhof
Re: applying a map onto letters coming from the text generator
on Jun 18, 2009 at 1:28:08 am

Thank you Wu, it's clear... Now I just need to be able to open an .ai file, as I say in another thread.... :-/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]