FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zax object dissapearing in z-space

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Ruckert
Zax object dissapearing in z-space
on May 29, 2009 at 7:39:22 pm

I have a Zaxwerks 3D object created from an illustrator file.
I neeed it to animate from FAR off in the distance, but it seems the object cuts off after a certain point in z-space.

I am using comp lighting and comp cameras.

any idea how to remedy this?

My system:
Mac
AE CS3
Zaxwerks 4.3

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: Zax object dissapearing in z-space
on May 29, 2009 at 11:13:24 pm

Hi Chris,

Since you didn't mention which product you are using, I am assuming you are using 3D Invigorator Pro. By default, there is a draw distance of 10,000 units. However, there are steps you can take to increase the draw distance of your objects to 30,000 units instead.

If you are using the 3D Invigorator camera, here are some steps that you can work with to get the draw distance to be 30,000 units instead of 10,000 units.

Go into the 3D Invigorator Setup window (by clicking the little red ball) and save your scene. To save your scene, use the "Cmd + s (Mac) / Ctrl + s (Win)" command, and name the scene. If the scene doesn't save with an extension, then add ".zxp" to the end of the project file.

Next, open the saved scene with a text editor tool. In the text editor, use the find tool, and search for "clip". You should be able to find the following information below:

begin CameraX

name "dflt_cam"

............. (I omitted the other data in here)

clip 0.100000 10000.000000 <--- change this value to 30000

After you make the change to the "clip" value, save the .zxp project file again, and go back into After Effects project. Go into the 3D Invigorator setup window and use the "Cmd + o (Mac) / Ctrl + o (Win)" command to open the scene. Select the Zaxwerks project you saved and open up the scene.

After opening the scene, press OK to go into the After Effects Interface, and you should be able to adjust the Camera Distance value to 30000 before the Invigorator objects are clipped. You may need to use the "Update Camera" button to have this updated.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]