FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProAnimator FX questions

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Moreno
ProAnimator FX questions
on Mar 11, 2009 at 3:50:17 am

I recently upgraded to ProAnimator FX from Invigorator Pro and so far I'm very glad I did. Being able to work directly inside FCP has greatly increased my productivity. I work in a corporate environment and often edit with clients by my side, asking me to "change this" and "try that".

Overall my experience has been positive, however I occasionally get animations that lose their data, resulting in an empty slug in the timeline with the initial "click to edit button" text showing in the viewer window. Is this a documented bug? Is it random or does it only affect certain types of animations (for example, ones created with complex Illustrator data)? This is a very serious issue and makes me reluctant to use ProAnimator FX in any of my larger productions.

Also, I have noticed that models that I have created in Invigorator Pro in After Effects look much better than the same ones recreated in ProAnimator FX using the exact same settings. Is this because After Effects has a superior rendering engine?

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: ProAnimator FX questions
on Mar 11, 2009 at 5:03:56 pm

Hi Rob,

Unless you are using an older version of Motion, this isn't a known issue. Can you check what versions of Motion and Final Cut Pro you are using? If they are not the latest versions, please upgrade your software so you are using Motion 3.0.2 and Final Cut Pro 6.0.5.

As for the models that you are creating, you might be looking at your models in Draft settings. If you are working in Final Cut Pro, select the track you've applied ProAnimator FX to, and check the Filters tab. If the "Rendering" is set to "Draft Hardware" this means that the models are being viewed in Draft mode. Make sure to switch to "Software" when you are rendering out your project.

In addition, in ProAnimator FX, when you select your objects go to the Objects tab and you can adjust the "Object Smoothness" setting. The Preview setting adjusts your object smoothness when viewed in Draft mode, and the Final setting adjusts the object smoothness with your objects are viewed in Final quality.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Rob Moreno
on Mar 13, 2009 at 7:16:49 am

Hi Edward.
Thanks for your quick reply.

I am using ProAnimator FX inside the latest version of FCP, 6.0.5. I haven't tried it in Motion.
Setting the render mode to Software did the trick. I had it set to Final Hardware.

The amnesia bug still exists however, and yesterday what I had feared came true -- the bug happened while editing with a client! Fortunately I have learned to export 3D models and make presets of all my work in ProAnimator FX so I was able to recreate the animation rather quickly. The bug seems most likely to occur when I work with complex Illustrator files. I have one file in particular that will disappear every time I quit and relaunch FCP. I've tried it on different computers with the same results. Weird.

MediaKobo
Tokyo, Japan

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Mar 13, 2009 at 5:06:23 pm

Hi Rob,

You're welcome. Sorry to hear you're still having issues with ProAnimator FX losing its objects and animations. Do you have a Final Cut project and an Illustrator project I can look at? You mentioned that you had a complex Illustrator object that will cause the object to disappear every time. It would be great to have that file in particular so I can duplicate the issues you're into, and find out what's causing the issue for you.

My e-mail address is ed@zaxwerks.com

Once you send the files, I'll take a look at them and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]