FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProAnimator Crashes AE 8/CS3

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
ProAnimator Crashes AE 8/CS3
on Mar 5, 2009 at 4:49:38 pm

Not doing anything fancy - just a 3d text animation using the presets. Using PA 4.5.1 as AE plug-in on Mac - PA crashes AE so frequently that it isn't really usable.

Behavior is also inconsistent. When I click on "Click to Edit" sometimes I get two windows with no text, sometimes the "Click to Edit" area in AE's Effect Controls turns into a long black rectangle.

I'll be trying PA as a stand-alone, but I'd really like to be able to use it inside AE.

Bob Cole
Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz dual-core
10GB RAM

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
Re: ProAnimator Crashes AE 8/CS3
on Mar 5, 2009 at 7:35:47 pm

Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear about the crashes you're running into.

From your descriptions, it's possible that you're running into an issue from having undocked panels inside of After Effects. To dock all your panels, go to Workspace, save your current workspace and select the "Effects" workspace. Then, select "Reset Effects" from the Workspace menu. This will reset the Effects workspace back to the default settings. Try running ProAnimator again with all the panels docked and see if you are still running into the same issues.

If this solves the problem for you, you can switch to the Effects workspace before you run ProAnimator, and switch back to your favorite workspace after you are done editing within ProAnimator.

If you are still having issues, you can contact me at ed@zaxwerks.com or leave a message here.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Mar 6, 2009 at 3:51:40 pm

Thanks Ed. That does improve things, but again, after a somewhat longer time (30 minutes) AE / ProAn are frozen.

I was changing the depth on one of the text characters, hit "OK" to see the effect inside AE. Instead of returning to AE, I'm in a limbo-land. ProAn's interface is mostly gone (the two big windows) and I see AE's interface, except that the bar along the top is still ProAn's (File - Edit - Object - Window - Help) and the program is unresponsive. I can move the current-time pointer along AE's timeline, but the screen is black. Oddly, when I go to Force Quit, AE is not indicated as being frozen.

Appreciate any insight you could provide.

Bob Cole

Return to posts index

Edward Wu
on Mar 6, 2009 at 5:55:10 pm

You're welcome.

There's a couple things you can try that might help you out. Check to see that you are using the latest video card drivers. If you are using old drivers, it could cause display issues. In addition, if you are still having issues after updating your video card drivers, you can try resetting your After Effects preferences. Sometimes, the preferences file inside of After Effects can get corrupted and can cause frequent crashes. To reset the preferences file, you can delete the preferences file located below:

Users/User Name/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects

You will see a folder corresponding to your version of After Effects, which contains the preferences file. For example, a 7.0 folder for CS2 with "Adobe After Effects 7.0 Prefs.txt". Once you delete the preferences file, launch After Effects and the preferences file will be reset.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]