FORUMS: list search recent posts

Invigorator AE 3d tracking and depth animation

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Constable
Invigorator AE 3d tracking and depth animation
on Jan 22, 2009 at 5:10:39 pm

Hi,
I am using Invigorator to create a 3d number countdown.
I have made numbers 1-10 in Illustrator, here is an example of the number 8:

I want the blocks that make up the numbers to pulsate to a music track as they count through.

Setting up the objects has been no problem so far

BUT...I will have other elements in the scene so I want to track the Invigorator sets to a 3d layer so I have control over its position in my AE 3d space. but when I assign each set to track a 3d controller layer I obviously lose the depth scale parameter on each set.

I understand you can unlink the scale and adjust the z value of the control layer. But how can I link JUST the z value of the control layer to audio keyframes?

I also want to offset the pulsating movement on each block (each set) to give a more random look.

Is this an expressions question?

Finally is there a better work around for what I am trying to do? working with 3d control layers is a bit slow and changes I make only update visually when you click back to invigorator.

hope that made some sense!

Thanks in advance,
Eugene

Return to posts index

Daniel Haffner
Re: Invigorator AE 3d tracking and depth animation
on Sep 28, 2009 at 7:38:39 pm

If I understand what you are trying to do, I think I would export each segment of the image separately and then manipulate them linked to the audio in AE. If you want all the blocks to pulse together you can export them all as an image. You can also use images as textures on your image elements.
I really love the Zaxewerks products. This shouldn't be that difficult. Let me know how you do.

dlh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]