FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gradient color on AI object

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curtis Goldsborough
Gradient color on AI object
on Jan 14, 2009 at 2:21:06 pm

Hi - I'm new to ProAnimator - using it as a standalone app. I'm trying to create a 3D logo using an AI file - it imports fine, but I cannot figure out how to apply a color gradient to the face of the logo. I'm attaching the logo so you can see the color gradient I'm looking for on the sun. Thanks for anyone's help in advance!

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Gradient color on AI object
on Jan 15, 2009 at 1:29:50 am

Hi Curtis.

You'll have to create an image of a gradient (say, in Photoshop) and then apply that image as a Color Map in ProAnimator.

Note that the full image is mapped to the bounds of the 3D object, so draw a rectangle that looks like a bounding box around the sun arc and then make a texture that is the same aspect ratio of the rectangle.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Feb 6, 2009 at 7:51:53 pm

What I do for gradients is turn off all layers' visibility except the one with the gradient. Save that as its own .ai file. Now open it in Photoshop and save it again. That way the image is cropped perfectly. In ProAnimator, use that .psd file as a layer map for the part of the logo that has the gradient. It might be a long way around, but it's easy and works every time for me.

Return to posts index

Curtis Goldsborough
on Feb 6, 2009 at 8:52:42 pm

Thank you, Jim and Matt, for your help. I'm getting good results now - I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]