FORUMS: list search recent posts

Only 1 layer seems to have imported to Proanimator from Illustrator CS3

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Sabolich
Only 1 layer seems to have imported to Proanimator from Illustrator CS3
on Dec 13, 2008 at 8:53:17 pm

Thanks in advance...

I was only able to get one layer to import in. It is a map of Oklahoma outlined, with orange center and individual stars dotting the state. The only thing that I could ever get to import was just the outline of the state. Nothing else.

I'm also wanting to import the Orange gradient if that's possible.

I'm running CS3 if that helps.

Here's a picture of the logo. Pretty Simple

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Only 1 layer seems to have imported to Proanimator from Illustrator CS3
on Dec 14, 2008 at 1:38:21 am

Hi Brian,

The gradient will not come in - your best bet to recreate that is to map an image of the gradient to the front face of the state object.

The stars probably did come in - but they came in with the same z depth and z position as the state so you may not see them.

I would recommend putting the elements you wish to manipulate separately on different layers in your Illustrator document.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Brian Sabolich
on Dec 14, 2008 at 6:33:37 am

Well keep in mind that most of what you said was relative "Greek", but I think I got the idea. The stars were some sort of 'sub layer' to the outline (which has the gradient built into it. I thought it was a seperate layer but it wasn't.) So I managed to create new individual layers for each star and then turn off the outline to see if I could import just the stars. It said that there was no useable vector path or something like that. So I don't think the stars ever imported to begin with...?

By the way, thank you very much for helping...

Also, should have the embed icc profile thing clicked?

*** UPDATE SINCE POST ***
I played around and figured out that I needed to Expand the stars. Now they're in ProAnimator!

However, I still don't get what you meant on how to create the gradient again.

Return to posts index

Brian Sabolich
on Dec 14, 2008 at 6:44:19 am

Ohh... I think I understand some of what you were saying now. I think you thought my map was a solid map and therefore it would make sense that my stars wouldn't show up. But the map was importing as a hollow outline only. It's as though the gradient doesn't even exist as in completely transparent. So now the stars show up, the map outline shows up, but no solid map. So unless I hear back from you first, I'm going to try to figure out how to make the map a solid object for importing.

Return to posts index

Brian Sabolich
on Dec 14, 2008 at 6:55:31 am

Actually, the gradient while not a seperate layer per say, is deleteable and therefore sort of is a seperate layer. Sorry, I just don't know Illustrator yet.

Also, haven't been successful at filling the map in the right way yet...

Return to posts index

Brian Sabolich
on Dec 14, 2008 at 9:05:25 am

OOOOKay.... Here's where I'm at...

I've successfully created an animation of the outline of the map with the stars and brought it into the Avid.

What I still can't do is "fill" the path which I believe in this case is the 'outline' around the state map. Therefore, I still can't import a solid map into ProAnimator from Illustrator as I'm just not familiar enough with it yet.

Here is what it looks like when I delete the inside of the map.

Any ideas?
Also still trying to figure out how to do the gradient once I'm in the animator...?

Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Dec 14, 2008 at 2:13:29 pm

Hi Brian,

The trick to getting the state to come in is to make it a filled solid. That is, select the shape, assign it a fill color. You can also remove any stroke color.

You can apply the gradient to the face of the state object in a couple of ways.. one involves creating an image of just the gradient (tga format works great). Then in the material editor, you'll need to create a new material, choose the gradient image and apply the material to the front face of the object.

The second way is to use a technique called layermapping - but let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

Jon

Return to posts index

Brian Sabolich
on Dec 14, 2008 at 10:23:24 pm

Well I managed to get the solid state to work right before crashing last night. I ended up exporting it to Photoshop and making it a black solid layer. Any other color wouldn't work for some reason.

I'm going to take what you said about the gradient now and play with that for awhile.

Thanks for helping out the new guy I'll post the progress a little later.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]