FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Warp effect with ProAnimator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christina Crawley
3D Warp effect with ProAnimator
on Nov 24, 2008 at 7:29:21 pm

Hello! I have ProAnimator 4.5.1 and my goal is to have a video clip sitting on a floor with the edges curving toward the camera (just like bending a piece of paper). This would seem to be a simple task with 3D Warps but can it be done in ProAnimator?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: 3D Warp effect with ProAnimator
on Nov 26, 2008 at 3:43:10 am

Hi Christina,

You're right about being easy with 3D Layer Warp. It can be done using ProAnimator or Invigorator, but it's a different process. Are you animating the amount of curl in the image? If so, I'd recommend using layercycling. I wrote a tutorial on the subject for Zaxwerks Invigorator. The concept is the same in ProAminator.

I would make a line representing the starting shape of your layer - use outline stroke to create a filled solid representing the edge of your frame. Use the depth slider to create the face of the frame. Map the movie to this edge. (You may need to use layermapping to easily positing the movie on the edge). To animate the shape of the frame, you'll need to create a starting shape, an ending shape, and create the "tween" shapes, then assign each to layers in Illustrator. Once that's one, you can use ProAnimator and the layercycling technique to make it animate (like stop-motion animation).

Here's the basic tutorial:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/okerstrom_jon/layercycle.php

If you get stuck, let us know.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]