FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProAnimator and AE plug in

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Fleming
ProAnimator and AE plug in
on Sep 26, 2008 at 4:00:27 pm

Hello,

A very basic question: I have 3 shapes created in Illustrator. I'm setting up a 3D mobile. I bring the shapes into After Effects. The key to making the mobile work properly is setting up the anchor points, parenting and adding some expressions. When I apply the PA plug in to the shapes, all this information (anchor points, parenting) seems to go away. What am I doing wrong and am I doing it in the wrong order?

Dave

Return to posts index

Dave Fleming
Re: ProAnimator and AE plug in
on Sep 26, 2008 at 5:22:34 pm

As an update, based on some previous posts I read, I exported the Illustrator shapes as .ZXO files from the standalone PA, and then imported the .ZXO files in AE. Now, I have control over the anchor points and parenting, but I don't have a 3D extrusion on the shapes. I can see a bevel, but the object is flat, which at least the object was true 3D in the other approach...2 steps forward, one step back...any advice is appreciated!

Dave

Return to posts index

Dave Fleming
Re: ProAnimator and AE plug in
on Sep 26, 2008 at 6:40:23 pm

Lastly, I'm noticing that when I select "use comp camera" on the PA layers and orbit the camera, the objects appear with 3D extrusion. But, I can't drive the whole animation just by moving the camera. The layers will have to spin independently also...Is this possible?

df

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]