FORUMS: list search recent posts

layer maps not displaying on a complex object

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dax Ginn
layer maps not displaying on a complex object
on Aug 22, 2008 at 6:03:02 pm

Hi All

I have a very complex 3D object in my zaxwerks invig PRO scene (it is a nintendo DS modelled in 3DS max and imported as a .3ds file) and I am trying to map a layer map, a movie file in .mov format (which is a layer in my comp with its visibility switched off), to one of the faces of the DS - the screen not surprisingly.

I go through the whole process, i.e assigning the layer as a layer map, and then going into the set up window, selecting the object, I bring up its materials, create a new material and select the layer map as assigned previously. I drag the new material to the object and it is textured grey and black with the text layer map, so everything looks fine. I hit ok and do a RAM preview expecting to see the movie to play on the object face or at least somewhere on the object, but it is just grey if it not textured at all.

Interestingly I then created a cube primitive in the scene to see if I could assign a layer map to that thinking that it might have something to do with the complexity of the DS model or the fact that it was an imported object. I cannot map a layer map (either a movie or just a simple solid) to the simple cube.

I created a new invig layer in my comp and just go through the process of creating and mapping a layer map to another cube and it works fine.

I am pretty stumped by this one. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Dax

Return to posts index

Dax Ginn
Re: layer maps not displaying on a complex object
on Aug 22, 2008 at 6:59:54 pm

aaah. I was running my invig layer in draft mode. Evidently layer maps don't display when the layer in your comp that contains invigorator has draft enabled. As soon as I unchecked the little dotted diagonal line and ran the RAM preview in full fat mode, the layer maps displayed just fine. mystery solved. sorry if I wasted your time with that one.

ta

Dax

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]