FORUMS: list search recent posts

Temporary Authorization blues

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Womack
Temporary Authorization blues
on Jul 29, 2008 at 5:08:05 pm

I purchased 3D Flag for AE earlier today. I received my temporary authorization code promptly, and after following the installation instructions, I entered the code as prompted.

When I tried using 3D Flag, I was immediately alerted again that the temporary code was only good for 30 days. Fair enough. However, if I try to render or preview my comp, I am inundated with prompts once again alerting me that i have only 30 days to register my product. I have already applied for a permanent code, but I was under the impression that I can actually use this software for 30 days.

Each time I try to preview or render, the software puts a prompt behind the UI, and clicking on it does nothing. I have to force quit the software. Has anyone else had this problem? It's very frustrating.

Version 1.5.0 on OSX 10.5.4, AE CS3

Return to posts index

Rob Womack
Re: Temporary Authorization blues
on Jul 29, 2008 at 7:10:29 pm

UPDATE
-------

Heard back from Customer support. Apparently, this happens when your OSX account does not have permission to write to root/Library/Preferences

They also sent me the Permanent Key, so I haven't checked this to see if it worked, but I'm puttin' it out there. the Permanent Key stopped the madness.

For some reason, the plugin checks for a permanent key frequently. Once a session, or once every 24 hours would seem to be enough, but I guess they're afraid someone is going to pull something sneaky.

Robert Womack
Creative Bridgekeep
http://www.CurrentMarketing.com
"Louisville's Leading Interactive Marketing Agency"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]