FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proanimator mixed with Invigorator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Maehl
Proanimator mixed with Invigorator
on Jun 30, 2008 at 9:12:54 am

I understand the differences between the two plugins. Initially I was hoping to use proanimatior to pull in an illustrator file, curve it with a pose, and then using some tracked data to move it. Won't work, so next solution was to export the model once curved, and then into Invigorator for some tracking action. Works, but I have to supply this project to a client needing to do on-air updates. This is all a little too tricky and I have to get them to buy the extra plugin (proanimator). So next question is whether there is some trick to recreate the pose which curves lettering around a circumference in Invigorator? I need to be able to set it up so that a client can pull in a formatted illustrator file, apply the curve a style and there are ready to go.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russ

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Proanimator mixed with Invigorator
on Jul 2, 2008 at 2:32:01 pm

Hi Russ.

There isn't any easy ProAnimator to Invigorator translation (except for how you're currently doing it),
but you may want to consider doing the following:
1. Import the Illustrator file into the Invigorator
2. Open the Set-Up window and assign each object to a different Set (you can have up to 8 Sets)
3. Close the Set-Up window
4. Use expressions or an animation preset in order to calculate the XYZ Position and XYZ Rotation for each set -- to distribute the sets into a circle

This requires a little AE knowhow, but you can use expressions to create some simple and complex 3D distributions.

Let us know if you have any questions - or if you need help with the distribution math.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]