FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating an Animated GIF Web Banner from Pro

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
suzzie12
Creating an Animated GIF Web Banner from Pro
on Jan 17, 2008 at 7:34:15 pm

Have Pro Animator 4.3 on Win XP.

I have a simple rotating text logo that fits into the 460x80 web banner frame size.

Question is: How can I output that as a transparent animated GIF file. I dont see that choice on the render options.

Would I need to output it to something else...and then convert it in another program...maybe like Photoshop CS3?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Creating an Animated GIF Web Banner from Pro
on Jan 18, 2008 at 2:23:09 am

Hi suzzie,

You're right - you'll need to output a movie with an alpha channel and use another app to convert that to the animated gif you're looking for.

I would suggest animating the original movie at the frame rate you want and doing it non-interlaced.

As you probably know, you can open your movie with ImageReady and convert it to an animated gif.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

susan anson
on Jan 21, 2008 at 11:34:31 pm

Hi Jon,

Yes it helps...It makes great sense. Thank You!

Is anyone aware how to make a transparent animated GIF in Photoshop CS3? I unloaded CS2 and the Image Ready application unfortunately... and dont want to re-install it.

I tried to import the Pro Animator Movie... and was successful...and I got frames of video just fine...but did not see animated GIF as a "Save As" Choice. Anyone know the CS3 trick?

What I did: I rendered each video frame to a separate layer in the Photoshop CS3 timeline...and it plays back fine in the timeline. But, im stuck because the animated GIF is not an option in the "Save As" menu. Maybe i'll go over to the Photoshop forum, if there is one here, and ask around.

Thanks,

Suzzie

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Jan 22, 2008 at 2:27:45 am

Hi Suzzie,

I don't have CS3 yet, but did manage to locate a tutorial for it on how to make animated GIFs:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62278

Jon

Return to posts index

susan anson
on Jan 22, 2008 at 5:25:24 am

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the help. Thats perfect advice. And, Thanks for the link also...it was right on.

I got the workflow down for making animated GIF's out of Zaxwerks now pretty well: Do the desired animation in Zax...Use a frame rate that is close to your final (say 10 frames per sec)...Save it as a Quicktime Movie...then import that into Photoshop CS3. It shows up there in the animation timeline. Use the "Convert Frames into Layers" command in the flyout...Adjust your final frames...then Save it for Web and Devices. That was the part that stumped me! There is NO Animated Gif in the Save As command...It is under the "Save for Web and Devices" choice.

So this is wonderful...Create stunning images in Zaxwerks...then make up killer web banners that are far superior to any you have seen... because of the high quality looks and animations in Zaxwerks. Zax makes a great front end for making animated web banners. Produces some very nice results. Nice Work!

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Jan 23, 2008 at 1:33:18 am

Glad it worked out. Care to share your work? We'd love to see.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]