FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tried my 1st pro-animator render into Vegas.. NOW WHAT??

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Grauel
Tried my 1st pro-animator render into Vegas.. NOW WHAT??
on Dec 28, 2007 at 6:29:09 pm

Hi.. I am totally new to animation and just purchased pro animator based on recommendations... VERY COOL PROGRAM....

SO.. i made a simple title to slide in
rendered it out as QT MOV with Alpha channel checked

So, i want this to go into vegas and come over an existing piece of video

what i see i my title ( from PA ) come up Over my existing video with a black background and the PA animation ( still over the black background)

Obviously I have never worked with alpha channels and do not know what I'm doing.

How do i make it "overlay" my video in Vegas with the title over my exacting video? ( and not seeing a black background)

I Hope this question makes sense!....

thanks ( I feel like this is an incredibly dumb question ) but I've never done any title work other than simple titles created in photo shop.. So.. I'm taking it to a new level..

Thanks for any help~!

Wayne Grauel

Return to posts index

Wayne Grauel
Got IT..!!!!
on Dec 28, 2007 at 10:02:48 pm

I think i have it... thanks anyway!

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Got IT..!!!!
on Dec 29, 2007 at 1:40:23 am

I suspect it has to do with how Vegas Video imported the file... the setting would need to be premultiplied with black, from what I found on the Vegas Video COW forum.

Jon

Return to posts index

Wayne Grauel
Re: Got IT..!!!!
on Dec 29, 2007 at 2:24:04 am

Thanks... i was looking at track properties, but the procedure is to right click on the media clip, set media properties to alpha.. ( i was looking at the whole track but each clip has to be designated as alpha standard!

thanks...
I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on but their training clips are a great start!
Happy New Year
wayne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]