FORUMS: list search recent posts

Noob question

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug
Noob question
by
on Nov 15, 2007 at 11:22:20 pm

I have been playing around recently with the idea of trying to create a 3-d logo for our station and started working with the demo version of Crystal 3-D Impact Pro when I realized that our station had bought a copy of After Effects and Zaxwerks years ago that no one has actually used. (We have AE 5.5 and Zaxwerks Classic.)

I was working with those and Zax asked for Adobe Illustrator files, which we don't have. What I want to do is have a 3d version of the letters I M & C over a moving sine wave background.

The question is do I have to use Illustrator or can I make the letters in AE and 'import' them into Zaxwerks?

Thanks for the help,

Doug

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Noob question
on Nov 16, 2007 at 1:04:32 am

Doug,

Illustrator - or any app that can create vector artwork in the Illustrator format - are your best options. You can export paths as Illustrator outlines from Photoshop, but this is a limited solution.

I would recommend investing in Illustrator.

By the way, Invigorator and ProAnimator are perfect choices for broadcast logo animations.

Jon

Return to posts index

matjusm
on Nov 20, 2007 at 5:08:21 pm

I've got another noob question- where is the 'Import 3D model' (or whatever the exact wording is) option in Pro Animator (I've also got 3D Invigorator)? I've got some 3DS models that I'd like to import but I just can't find the place to do it. I've searched these forums and Google and have not found a place that tells me exactly where to do it.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Nov 20, 2007 at 7:31:38 pm

Hi matjusm,

Be sure you're in object mode (click the cube just below the scene window), as opposed to the light icon or the camera icon. Now look at the object pop-up menu. Import 3D objects is one of your options there.

Jon

Return to posts index

matjusm
on Nov 21, 2007 at 4:55:02 am

Thank you so much!
I just can't believe how cool this feature is! (though then again, I suppose many visual effects artists take it for granted since how else would you import 3D models into a compositing program)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]