FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recognizing correct shape

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Premier Image Prod
Recognizing correct shape
on Oct 26, 2007 at 1:44:39 am

I am trying to get ProAnimator to recognize a certain portion of a logo. There is a black arc with a circle sitting directly on top of the arc, right in the center. The circle has a white outline that creates the illusion that, with the arc below it, it looks like a person with arms out (head and arms). Looking at the graphic, it would appear there was a 'hole' around the circle that would appear transparent. The path is just an arc and a circle, so ProAnimator is not recognizing the 'hole' or the outside edge of each 'arm'.

I have no idea how to prep that piece in Illustrator so ProAnimator can recognize the correct look. Can someone please help!

edit: I can get the circle in with a beveled edge that works ok for me, if I can figure out how to get it to recognize the outside edges of the arc (it's thick, so it's not just a line)

(Is there a way to attach or upload just that piece on to this site so I can show you what I'm talking about)

Thanks!
Jen

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Recognizing correct shape
on Oct 26, 2007 at 2:50:54 am

Hi Jen,

Learn how to embed images here:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/lindeboom_kathlyn/whipped_cream.php

Looking forward to your images.

Jon

Return to posts index

Premier Image Prod
on Oct 26, 2007 at 3:04:23 am

Thanks!

Here is the look within the logo that is being misinterpreted:

Logo black center

Here is how it looks when I bring it in to ProAnimator:
Proanimator interpretation

I am currently using the paths that were set up by the designer of the logo, but I do have the Illustrator file to make the changes necessary for ProAnimator.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
Jen

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Oct 26, 2007 at 3:24:38 am

Hi Jen,

The picture is worth a thousand words. I suspect there is a white shape not visible in your top image because the background is also white. If you want, send the file to me and I'll take a look.

jokerstrom1 (at) mac.com

Jon

Return to posts index

Premier Image Prod
on Oct 26, 2007 at 3:33:32 am

Thanks, Jon. I just sent you an email!

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Oct 26, 2007 at 4:02:09 am

For people following this thread - Jen sent me the file. The issue was that the arch was a line with a thick stroke rather than a filled solid. ProAnimator considered the line to be an open path and closed the path, resulting in the odd shape.

The solution involved expanding the object so it became a filled solid, then using pathfinder to make separate left and right arches and the oval in the middle.

Jon

Return to posts index

steven wills
on Nov 5, 2007 at 3:09:41 pm

Very helpful.

Thanks for the followup.

Steve Wills

Dual 2.5 G5
FCP HD, Motion

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>