FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import a "vectored object" into Zaxwerks?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steven wills
Import a "vectored object" into Zaxwerks?
on Oct 20, 2007 at 11:17:09 pm

(This is a cross post due to my frustration and time limitations)

I've downloaded the demo of A.I. to use with Zaxwerks (http://www.zaxwerks.com) to make a 3D animation (while waiting for my copy to arrive) and have done a live trace of a simple 3 color drawing. The live trace works, well but I'm not sure how to proceed to get it into Zaxwerks. Whenever I try and import it into Zaxwerks, I get a message there are no useable vectors to work with. I know something is missing or not being done right but I don't know what.

I have tried to save it as both a .eps and a AI file for import without success.

Do I need to copy the vectors to another layer? Do I need to copy & paste into another layer and remover the 1st layer with the image? I can see the vectors and save them but without success. What is the last step I'm missing here?

Even after reading the Adobe WOW book, his has been very frustrating, and my time to complete this project is drawing near but once I get past this step I should be fine (I hope).

How do I save just the "vectored object" (to a file) to import in Zaxwerks?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Import a "vectored object" into Zaxwerks?
on Oct 22, 2007 at 1:17:03 am

Hi Steven,

Be sure to turn off compression when you save the file. That should do it. One caution: live trace can create paths that are way more complex than they need to be. Invigorator and ProAnimator both do best when you used filled solid shapes. I recommend putting individual shapes on named layers and importing the file using layers, becauuse it's easier down the road. Also, avoid blends and bit-mapped elements in your Illustrator file.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

steven wills
on Oct 22, 2007 at 12:51:49 pm

Thanks Jon.

Compression IS turned off.

I've sent you my AI file to examine and hopefully you can tell what is wrong with it.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

steven wills
on Oct 22, 2007 at 1:13:17 pm

My email to you bounced.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Oct 22, 2007 at 5:59:03 pm

Shouldn't have.

jokerstrom1 (at) mac.com

Jon

Return to posts index

steven wills
on Oct 24, 2007 at 8:47:47 pm

It seems there were some compatibility problems with importing with my older version, I have upgraded both Zaxwerks and AI...and all is fine now.

I KNEW it had to be something simple.

Thanks for the assistance to all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]