FORUMS: list search recent posts

interface will not load

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Gray
interface will not load
on Oct 9, 2007 at 1:46:53 pm

So I'm using Pro Animator 4.0.2 on my dual 2gig processor G5. It runs just fine if I launch the software as a standalone project but I need to use it with my After Effects 7 software. With I apply Zaxwerks to a solid to create some 3-D text I have to option to entire the desired words. Yet, when I click the Zaxwerks button in my effects pallete to make some edits, the Zaxwerks interface freezes up and will not complete loading the interface. I have reinstalled twice.. Has anyone else had this problem or know a solution? Thanks bovines. -J

Return to posts index

Justin Gray
interface will not load 2.0
on Oct 9, 2007 at 1:51:57 pm

I just visited Zaxwerks troubleshooting page again. Could it have something to do with the fact that I have a dual 23' Cinema Display system? Perhaps ProAnimator is having trouble working with my video card with this config?

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: interface will not load 2.0
on Oct 9, 2007 at 7:18:35 pm

Hi Justin.

My first suggestion is to update to the current version of the software.

http://www.zaxwerks.com/download

If that doesn't help, let us know.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
Re: interface will not load
on Oct 9, 2007 at 7:58:07 pm

Definitely get the latest version of ProAnimator (4.3.2).

Most likely you're having the "undocked panel" problem. If you have any panel in AE 7 or 8 undocked, when you open the ProAnimator UI you'll get flashing, or a freeze, or someother UI problem. To fix this, switch to a fully docked AE interface before you open the ProAnimator, then once you close the ProAnimator you can switch back.

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

jim zito
on Oct 17, 2007 at 11:31:33 am

I have the same issue. I have to have all of AE on my main monitor before I open PA.

Return to posts index

Choreo
on Oct 19, 2007 at 1:10:31 am

I just purchased/Installed v.4.3.2 in After Effects CS3 on my Mac Dual G-5 and got the same problem. I have (3) 24" monitors connected to two video cards and the interface would flicker and lock the app up (or so I thought after a couple force quits).

Then I accidentally figured out on my own that once the UI flickering started, that if I clicked in the finder on one of my other monitors, the flickering would stop and then if I returned to AE I could then use that dialog box; however, everytime I would switch between the ProAnimator Set-Up window and the Animation window the flickering would then start again in whichever window I selected until I once again clicked on the desktop on another monitor and then came back to AE.

Then I found this thread, and sure enough, if I get rid of any undocked panels on my secondary monitor - everything works!

Thanks for the tip (would be nice to have it fixed though).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]