FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jpg into vector to import to Zaxswerks

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rwspires
Jpg into vector to import to Zaxswerks
on Oct 9, 2007 at 12:08:10 am

Would some one take a look at a jpg and tell me how I get it into Proanimator please by way of Illustrator

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Jpg into vector to import to Zaxswerks
on Oct 9, 2007 at 1:41:46 am

Hello rwspires,

The short answer is - use the image as a template and use Illustrator's trace tools to create a vector version of the basic shapes. From there, you can import the Illustrator doc into ProAnimator and make it 3D. If the jpeg image includes gradients or special shading, you can apply that to the object's face by using ProAnimator's materials editor.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

rwspires
on Oct 9, 2007 at 2:11:18 am

It does .. but when I do a trace first of all it is sooooo complex. Second.. I save it WITHOUT compression and it still tells me There are no valid vector paths

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Oct 9, 2007 at 2:36:51 am

It sounds like you're using autotrace. This is generally not a good idea. In most cases, I end up doing the tracing by hand and put each element on its owned named layer. This makes animating and otherwise managing complex artwork really easy in ProAnimator and Invigorator.

Jon

Return to posts index

rwspires
on Oct 9, 2007 at 3:05:57 am

Jon

I really Really appreciate it ... Is it is as simple as grab the pen and have at it? Is there any way for you to see the image just so you can advise as to which tools to use .. should I do some of it in photoshop... Just a little more advice Pleeeeease

Return to posts index

Serge
on Oct 9, 2007 at 5:47:06 am

Hey rwspiers,

Jon spoke a word of wisdom here. As usual!

Make a search in this forum for his e-mail address or send me the file ( serge at nyc-visual dot com)

Salut,
Serge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]