FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fade Off Problems

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nateboston
Fade Off Problems
on Sep 25, 2007 at 12:28:07 pm

Hello,

I'm using ProAnimator 4.1.0. I have a logo that I've imported from Illustrator, made 3D, and animated using different pose's in the timeline (no presets, my own animations). The logo is a television "bug" that animates on, spins, and fades off. As the first one fades off, a different logo spins and fades on, replacing the original logo. In ProAnimator things look/work beautifully. However, when I render out a movie file (in this case an uncompressed .avi), the spins work but the fades do not. Instead of fading out, each piece of the logo simply disappears. My current fix has been rendering out each piece individually and then fading them out in After Effects, but this seems counter productive. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Nate

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Fade Off Problems
on Sep 25, 2007 at 2:22:11 pm

Hi Nate.

You may not see the effect of the fadeout when playing the movie back in something like Media Player (it may not properly show the alpha channel that is in the AVI file).

But if you import the AVI file into After Effects (interpret the movie Alpha as: Straight - Unmatted), you should see the effect of the fade.

If this is what you're doing already, then make sure that you have the "Alpha" checkbox checked within ProAnimator.

Alternatively, you can render using the Animation Quicktime codec. This will achieve a similar result as the Uncompressed AVI.

Let us know if you still have questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

nateboston
on Sep 25, 2007 at 4:41:29 pm

Matt,

I cannont see the effect when I playback within After Effects. I have done what you instructed (interpret the movie Alpha as: Straight - Unmatted), with no improvement.

The "Alpha" box is checked within ProAnimator. I just exported a QT movie with the Animation codec - same result.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Nate

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Sep 25, 2007 at 4:43:32 pm

Hi Nate.

Any chance you can send me your movie? And project?

Send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

I did the test under Windows and it seemed to work.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]