FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to understand object and camera movement in ProAnimator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CMNtv
Trying to understand object and camera movement in ProAnimator
on Sep 14, 2007 at 2:22:01 pm

Just purchased ProAnimator.....seemed very intuitative from the zaxwerks site. I have a vector logo. Import no problem. Can convert the bevels to the way I want, and colors and all look great. Can move around the canvas placing the logo where I want, no problems. However, my problem is with animating it. If I add a "canned' object or camera movement ProAnimator places the logo it seems randomly on the canvas at a larger size and does the movement. I can't seem to figure out how to place the logo where I want it to go and then add the object or camera movement to that placement....for example I am trying to use what seems to be the very simple "Lower 3rd Slot Machine"....my workflow is placing the logo where I want the object animation to happen (lower right corner), scaled to the size I want it....adding the object animation....ProAnimator asks if I would like this location to be the starting position, I answer "ok" and BAM the logo is bigger and in the middle of the screen. From there any scaling or location changing just changes that one "position". I have shift selected the whole animation and it still just makes the changes to the segment that the playhead is over. I even gone so far as to find out where the logo exists in XYZ space and try to duplicate that location for every object "segment". No Luck! What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to place a logo where I want the animation to start and have it start there? I don't care what it does or where it goes during the animation, I just want it to start out the size and location that I select. Does that make sense to anyone? I have scoured the web for any info. I see that zaxwerks offers a User Guide....is that worth having? Is it different from the ProAnimator tutorials PDF available from the zaxwerks site? Will that explain what I'm trying to accomplish? Can anyone help? Lead me somewhere on the web? Purchase a video? Download some kind of "magical" video into my head? Any info is appreciated and welcome and needed and would add to your awesome karma bank account. Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
Re: Trying to understand object and camera movement in ProAnimator
on Sep 15, 2007 at 1:37:30 am

Have you tried using the "set as starting postion" function? On the Zaxwerks site there are some intro movies for ProAnimator, http://zaxwerks.com/movies/index.shtml. Check out movie 4 for logo creation. I'll also be releasing a training DVD with some great tips and tricks for ProAnimator very soon.

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]