FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preparing Logo without Illustrator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Premier Image Prod
Preparing Logo without Illustrator
on Sep 9, 2007 at 5:21:12 pm

I have Photoshop, but not Illustrator.

I have a logo with multiple layers in Photoshop. Is there a way within Photoshop to create a vector path/vector information to prep it for ProAnimator? Maybe save it as an eps file with the vector info? I'm just guessing, but have no clue how to do it or if it is even possible without Illustrator.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Jen

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Preparing Logo without Illustrator
on Sep 9, 2007 at 5:38:08 pm

Hi Jen,

You can create paths in Photoshop, then export them in AI format. However, it's no where near as flexible or powerful as doing it in Illustrator. If your artwork is the least big complex, you'll want Illustrator's full range of vector tools.

Jon

Return to posts index

Premier Image Prod
on Sep 9, 2007 at 6:04:03 pm

I just got ProAnimator and am 'just playing' right now to learn it. It's awesome and I love how much you can do within the program. I wish I had Illustrator, but don't since I use Apple Final Cut and Motion, not the Adobe Suite.

I have my own logo I wanted to mess around with, within ProAnimator, but don't know how to prep it to bring it in.

How would I create a path with vector info in Photoshop? My logo is a tripod with an eye on top. You can see it at http://www.premierimageprod.com. Is this logo too complex to add the vector paths to? I'm more of a video editor than graphic artist, but am moving into 3D animation.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Return to posts index

Serge
on Sep 9, 2007 at 6:29:19 pm

Hi,

-Import your logo in PS, create a new layer and use the pentool to trace your logo in several parts (Tripod, eye...)

-If you want you could add another layer and type in your text then go to Layer>Type>Convert to shape.

-Now switch off your logo layer, go to File>Export>Paths To Illustrator.

-When you import your Illustrator file into Invigorator make sure that you check the "Open As Layers" feature to avoid issues with your text.

Jon is right though. Although it is still possible to work with PS, Illustrator is way more powerful.

Salut.
Serge

INVIGORATOR-TRAINING VOL.1 soon available here: http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

Premier Image Prod
on Sep 9, 2007 at 7:27:05 pm

Thank you for your assistance. I will try this and in the future will probably be a proud owner of Illustrator (and After effects!)

Thanks,
Jen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]