FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get Zaxwrrks to work, am I missing something??

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
drar
Can't get Zaxwrrks to work, am I missing something??
by
on Aug 22, 2007 at 6:05:19 pm

Hi there, I bought Zax werks pro animator a few months ago and I am just getting around to using it. I can't get it to work right in AE. I would like to use it as a filter so I can use the AE comp camera.
Here is my problem, I can't get the materials to look right, everything has ugly banding going on, I have everything set for full res in AE but It looks low res. also everytime I do anything on my AE timeline a preview type or buffer window pops up slowing things down dramatically, I cannot figure out how to get rid of that. I did a render movie in AE and that window flashed on constantly and I could not even stop the renvder and it froze my system up. in my AE settings I have the open GL turnned off. Could it be my graphics card?
I have the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra running on a MAC G5 Dual 2.5 Power PC, Mac OS X 10.4.2, 4GB Ram, using AE 7.0

ANy suggestions? I would really love to utillize the power of this software, but I need to getting it running first. Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
Re: Can't get Zaxwrrks to work, am I missing something??
on Aug 22, 2007 at 8:15:50 pm

Are you running the latest version? I think it's 10.4.3. Could you show us some screen shots of what you are seeing with these errors?

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

drar
by
on Aug 22, 2007 at 8:37:48 pm

Not sure what version of what you were referring too, here is all my info:

I have the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra running on a MAC G5 Dual 2.5 Power PC, Mac OS X 10.4.2, 4GB Ram, using AE 7.0

I checked the app for pro animator and it says ProAnimator App 4.1.1

also I am using an .ai file, not sure if this matters. same thigs happens when I use the text in the invigerator.

when the window pops up it says on top "3D Invigorator Open GL Render Buffer - Please Wait"
this pops up anytime I do anything to the project, so it is impossible to get anything done.

could I have a bad setting somehwere?

thanks for your help! :)

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
on Aug 22, 2007 at 9:14:18 pm

Download the latest version of ProAnimator (4.3.0) and see if you still get the error.

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks

Return to posts index

drar
by
on Aug 22, 2007 at 9:56:18 pm

I installed the latest, It was still doing the same thing but I just figured it out. Inside the invigerator I selected the camera and chnaged the pull down tap to say "invigorator Renderer" I had it on Hi Quality Opn GL before and i Guess that just doesn't work on my computer. DO you know what the difference is between the two? Inside AE Prefrences I had the "enable Open GL" bok un checked, does that make a diffrence? i am curious as to how it all works, for now I will leave it as is. THanks so much for everything, I am sure I will be back! :)

~Chandra

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
on Aug 23, 2007 at 8:25:50 pm

Yep, that was my next question ;) Having Open GL turned on in AE makes no difference to Invigorator Open GL settings. Invigorator Open GL can be used to speed up rendering but the quality is limited. Personally I never use it.

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]