FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scaling controller layer moves objects off-centre in Invigorator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ScottPM
Scaling controller layer moves objects off-centre in Invigorator
on Aug 10, 2007 at 11:53:22 pm

Hi Guys,

I've got a weird issue that I haven't found an answer to in the forums or manual.
I have a word made out of illustrator letters on layers. I import the illustrator as layers, and move each letter into a different set. then "move object to centre" for each, so they're at 0,0,0.

Now I have my 5 or so controller nulls, with the 3d switch checked, also at the centre of the comp.

So i go to sets and make each set map to a different null object. All is good. Repositioning works fine.

BUT when i scale my nulls, the invigorator objects don't scale from the centre, they shift up or down or left or right, so they're not positioned where the null is anymore!! This happens even when the null has not been moved from the centre of the comp.. all i do is scale, and all my objects move by odd amounts - it's not a consistent amount for each object.

This must have something to do with the axis of the invig object, but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Scott.

Return to posts index

ScottPM
It's the position of illustrator layers that mucks it up
on Aug 11, 2007 at 12:03:07 am

So I figured it out, but it wasn't completely intuitive. The axes of the invigorator objects appear to be set to the centre of the illustrator file - ie, letter 1's axis is not the centre of letter 1 when in invgiorator. I had to change my illustrator file so all letters were on top of each other in illustrator (meaning i can't read the word anymore, but when i pull it into invigorator i can move my controlling nulls apart to put the letters back into their correct positions).

I didn't think of this at first because it seemed logical that if i told invigorator to import by layers, then each "object" (ie, layer) would have it's own centre point. Apparently not.

Return to posts index

Serge
Re: Scaling controller layer moves objects off-centre in Invigorator
on Aug 11, 2007 at 12:11:53 am

Hi Scott,

Select your set in the scene preview window then click at the bottom of your set menu on "Recenter Pivot".

This should get you a perfect scaling.

Salut.
Serge

INVIGORATOR-TRAINING VOL.1 soon available here: http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

Serge
Re: Scaling controller layer moves objects off-centre in Invigorator
on Aug 11, 2007 at 12:15:34 am

You should do that of course for each letter/set.

Salut.
Serge

INVIGORATOR-TRAINING VOL.1 soon available here: http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]