FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edges

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
edward Nahapetian
Edges
on Aug 7, 2007 at 5:50:41 pm

Hello there,
I create a some text & object in illustrator as a logo, after importing in pro animator & animating them & exporting as a animation, I get all the adges ragedy & spiky, I even change
the object faceting parameter to 0.1.
Do you know how to correct this problem?
Thank's Ed.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Edges
on Aug 7, 2007 at 6:30:25 pm

Ed,

Try the spikebuster controls. The slider can get rid of the spikes that sometimes happen at sharp corners or where you bezier controlers on a point are flipped around in your Illustrator document.

Jon

Return to posts index

edward Nahapetian
on Aug 7, 2007 at 7:06:27 pm

Jon, I did your idea & I got spiked problem solved, but steel have the ragedy look just on the outside edges, set the motion blur on 16 passes, this takes care of ragedy edges while animation is on, but when animation comes to stop or before it starts you see the ragedines of edges.
Thank's Ed.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Aug 8, 2007 at 2:40:48 am

I'm not sure what you mean by raggedy edges... feel free to post an image to this thread or email one to me... jokerstrom1 (at) mac.com.

Jon

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
on Aug 8, 2007 at 4:46:50 am

When folks see ragged edges they are usually rendering a QT movie with an alpha channel and then looking at the movie in QuickTime Player. The problem here is that QT Player doesn't display the alpha channel so you only see the raw RGB which has no antialiasing around the perimiter, thus the ragged edges.

Most likely your movie is fine. Take it into After Effects or FCP or Motion or someother editing program that knows what to do with the alpha and you'll see everything nice and smooth.

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

person6682
on Aug 13, 2007 at 7:38:18 pm

I too am having this problem and have basically done what the other fellow has done in that the faceting is set to the .01 and have tried all of the antialiasing options to no avail.

I'm looking at the movie in AE with the alpha interpreted correctly.

To further define the problem, the edges of the logo look poor when it spins or moves in any way. When I say poor I mean jaggy, not smooth etc.

I have also gone through all the threads that I was able to find, which are many, and could find no helpful suggestions, or options I have not already tried.

Any further suggestions on this topic would be helpful.

Return to posts index

serge
on Aug 13, 2007 at 7:53:58 pm

Hi,

Could you please send me your AE project and ai file? If you can post a visual this may also help. serge_01 (at) msn (dot) com

BTW. Did you try to type in the following value for your object faceting? (0.01) NOT (0.1)

Salut.
Serge

INVIGORATOR-TRAINING VOL.1 soon available here: http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]