FORUMS: list search recent posts

Serge's Filmstrip Tutorial

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tduncan777
Serge's Filmstrip Tutorial
on Aug 3, 2007 at 4:12:38 pm

This is possibly an AI question but Im not sure where the problem lies.

When I create paths to be used as film strips in AI and bring them into Zaxwerks, the ends of the path are connected with a straight line, as if it were a closed path but I can't seem to get it to be an open path.

Is this because of the path in AI or is Zaxwerks doing something to the path that I dont want it to? In AI, the path appears to be open and there is no fill, it looks just like the path Serge created in the AI project.

thanks for any help you can offer,
Tom

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Serge's Filmstrip Tutorial
on Aug 4, 2007 at 12:20:31 am

Hi Tom,

My guess is that your paths are not closed and Invigorator is closing them at each end. There may also be a problem if you have not created compound paths to create the "holes" in the filmstrip. Send the file to me if you want...

jokerstrom1 (at) mac.com

Jon

Return to posts index

tduncan777
on Aug 4, 2007 at 12:57:23 am

Hey Jon, thanks for the response. We literally JUST figured it out over at Adobe forum.

The path Serge created reverses direction and parallels itself and ends right back where it started. You cannot tell this unless you drill in real close.

If I create a path in one direction, Zax attempt to "close" the path by tracing back from the end to the beginning. This gives the same appearance that AI fill would when it fills in the segment interiors.

I found the best way to create these paths is to draw the path, offset by 1 pixel, then delete the original in the middle and viola, a thin parallel path. Doesn't seem to matter to Zax if there is a fill color or not.

thanks,
Td

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Aug 4, 2007 at 1:35:53 am

Hi Td,

Glad you figured it out. One other trick: Apply a stroke to any open path then use the Outline Path command to turn the open path into a closed path that looks like a stroked open path.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]