FORUMS: list search recent posts

blending those 3D object nice with your footage

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ultimate Bart
blending those 3D object nice with your footage
on Jul 26, 2007 at 4:07:48 pm

heey all

question: i have made two very big sound speakers, were the conus of the speakers react on the beat of the sound, for my videoclip. now if i just put them into my footage it looks very very fake.
so i wanna blend it, give it some damage, nice cinematic look like my other footage. but how..
i first though, okey make new layer solid, give all the damage, styles etc to it. parent it to zaxwerk layer(if the object moves) then mask it arround the zaxwark object with pen tool. and change the transfer mode.

can this be done easier, or better?

thanxs

Bart

Return to posts index

Ultimate Bart
Re: blending those 3D object nice with your footage
on Jul 26, 2007 at 6:46:27 pm

and ofcourse, i used the layer mapping technic to put a very realistic speaker texture on it. but still it looks fake (to perfect, sharp edges, etc)

Bart

Return to posts index

vdubplate
on Jul 27, 2007 at 2:43:05 pm

I wonder if you would be able to import that into Photoshop Extended. You would def be able to do that there but I am not sure if it will take a Zaxwerks file. You should show us a link so we can see what those speakers look like. That project sounds cool.

JOHN D.

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
on Jul 27, 2007 at 9:23:43 pm

Photoshop Extended won't accept Zaxwerks files but it will accept an OBJ. There's no reason why you can't grunge it up a bit more inside AE - after all it has plenty more tools than Photoshop. In Photoshop Extended you can adjust the colors of the texture maps but it's pretty limited. I suggest you try some bump maps in Invigorator and perhaps some color correction... but as JOHN D. suggests it would be good to see an image.

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

Ultimate Bart
on Aug 1, 2007 at 10:55:07 am

srry guys for the long waiting, been busy these days ^^

here is a screenshots, it's just a test, with raw footage and 3D objects.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ultimatebart/972449905/

Greetzz

Bart

Return to posts index

tduncan777
on Aug 4, 2007 at 2:19:44 pm

I'm not a guru by any means, but it looks fake because of...

1. Perspective. Try a different camera, larger mm like 35 or 50 or more until the lens matches the one the photo was taken with. The speaker cabinet looks like an extreme fisheye (10-15mm?) was used.

2. Color and lighting. Maybe desaturate, lower brightness and contrast etc until it matches the photo again. I cant tell if the speaker has a different wood on the front or is it shadowed, but the photo has no shadows like it is overcast (?)

Hope that helps some or at least provides a start.
td

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]