FORUMS: list search recent posts

Invigorator with 3D stroke / particular

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tduncan777
Invigorator with 3D stroke / particular
on Jul 12, 2007 at 10:43:25 pm

Hi all, I realize this question comes up quite often, but since I recently upgraded all my plug-ins and with AE 6.5 I have to try to do this again.

Is there a way to get Invigorator objects to interact with Trapcode 3D Strokes or Particular? Examples: moving in front of AND behind object, casting shadows, bouncing off of, etc.? Any tutorials showing how to accmomplish or otherwise do you have workarounds you can share? (The search function on Cow appears broken or gives sql error messages else I would search for it)

thanks, it is greatly appreciated,
td

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Invigorator with 3D stroke / particular
on Jul 12, 2007 at 11:10:19 pm

Hi td,

Invigorator's 3D space mirrors but is not the same as AE's 3D space, where the Trapcode plugins live. Depending on what you're doing, you might try layermapping the Trapcode effects onto planes or other shapes in the Invigorator Universe. Doing so would make it possible for the elements to interact, to a limited degree in the same 3D space.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

tduncan777
Re: Invigorator with 3D stroke / particular
on Jul 15, 2007 at 12:14:08 am

I thought that but hoped something might have changed as I see a few other new features. I found this tutorial on doing a "write-on" effect.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/okerstrom_jon/layercycle.php

But I seem to remember there being a tutorial on the trickery of orbiting a 3d object around a Zax object. Also Zax objects don't cast a shadow in AE world?

thanks,
td

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]