FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Plug-in, The Camera & his Motion Tracker

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth Hanks
The Plug-in, The Camera & his Motion Tracker
on Jul 9, 2007 at 8:41:29 am

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice & suggestion on setting up one of a range of shots.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/364/picture3ah9.png

The enclosed grab is the start & end of one shot in question. I wish to add some 3D text from Invigorator & motion track it so it sits in the background as the car drives down the runway. I have set up this:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3829/ruffkc0.png

Using a grid reference idea picked up from a VideoCopilot tutorial I have animated a camera so it pulls away from the text. This gives it a good starting point but I am wondering if there is a better way of going about it.

I need motion tracker to pick up on all the little movements of the film camera & to lock the text in place but for the text to scale & produce the right angle in situ I need the motion tracking information applied to a layer camera. I am currently using a null to animate camera position. Where should I go next?

Oh, & expressions still scare me so I tend to avoid them (if any1 knows a good Expressions 101 drop me a link)

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: The Plug-in, The Camera & his Motion Tracker
on Jul 11, 2007 at 3:52:59 pm

Hi Gareth.

I haven't tried this technique, but you would probably want to use a motion tracker (AE Pro has a motion tracker)
in order to get a good track of your scene - or the location in your scene. Make an AE layer track properly
in your AE scene.

Then you'd want to use Invigorator's "Track 3D Layer function" to attach an Invigorator Set to that tracked layer.
This will put an Invigorator Set in the same location/orientation as a layer you define.

Let use know if you have any more questions regarding this technique.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Gareth Hanks
Re: The Plug-in, The Camera & his Motion Tracker
on Jul 12, 2007 at 9:36:04 am

Thanks for the advice & direction. The project in general is back with the client for overall approval so I have time to think about how to approach this specific section before sitting back in front of it.

Once it's back with me I will give you idea a try. This is a technique I have always wanted to try. To have 3D text 'alive' within a filmed environment reacting to the camera, but I am probably making life difficult for myself :-S. Time will tell.....

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]