FORUMS: list search recent posts

Logo spin

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tyleredit
Logo spin
on Mar 23, 2007 at 2:41:29 pm

When you are spinning a logo and don't want the logo to ever be backwards, how do you transition from one end of the logo back to the other end so that it starts over? Just trying to cut between copies of the 180 spin looks jumpy. The logos ends slightly different, so the edits look obvious that they don't match. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Logo spin
on Mar 23, 2007 at 8:31:58 pm

Tyler,

Are you doing this in ProAnimator or Invigorator. The answers will differ based on what you're working with.

Jon

Return to posts index

tyleredit
on Mar 23, 2007 at 8:48:37 pm

I am using Invigorator Pro.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Mar 23, 2007 at 8:59:32 pm

Hi Tyler,

That helps. It looks jumpy because if you're going the whole 180 degrees and repeating the movie, you are replicating the frame at the point where 180 degrees happens. That's why it jumps. I suspect it will be smooth if you have the first 180 degree spin, followed by a spin that begins one frame later than the first spin.

You could use layer splitting and render the whole thing that way, or make one movie with the 180 degree spin and repeat it -- using the 1-frame-shorter movie for the second and subsequent movies.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

tyleredit
on Mar 26, 2007 at 4:14:16 pm

No, the problem isn't that. The problem is that each end of the logo looks completely different because the logo is offset a little. There is one word on top of the other and they are offset (the top word is a little to the left and the bottom to the right). So when you look from the end of each side, one is higher than the other side so it looks like it jumps. Is there anyway that I could send you a file of the finished spin and maybe you could make a suggestion on how to make it a smoother transition?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Mar 26, 2007 at 6:12:28 pm

Sure.

You can send me the project file (no other art needed).

jokerstrom1 (at) mac.com

Jon

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Mar 27, 2007 at 12:44:49 am

Thanks for the file, Tyler, it helps.

Here are some suggestions:

The fact that one end of the logo is much taller than the other is what's causing the "jump" when you switch from the first 180 degrees to the second. This effect is ampllified because you're using the camera with a "normal" lens, which causes things to appear smaller just because they're farther from the camera. Changing the camera type to orthographic will remove the size>distance effect.

The second part of the solution may be to do a very quick dissolve at the transition point. I'm thinking a total of 3-6 frames... where transparency goes from 100 to 0% for one layer and 0% to 100% on the other. Do some experimenting and see what works for you.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

tyleredit
on Mar 27, 2007 at 8:06:41 pm

Thank you. It did help a little. I guess it is just the nature of the logo. I may try putting the logo on an oval shape background and spin that, kind of like a coin. Thanks for you help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]