FORUMS: list search recent posts

Invigorator Classic 3.0 with AE 7.0.1?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmybee500
Invigorator Classic 3.0 with AE 7.0.1?
on Feb 28, 2007 at 4:28:58 pm

Hi,

Dos Invigorator 3.0 work with AE 7.0?...

I've just found a copy of Invigorator Classic 3.0 that we got with AE 5.5 Pro donkey's years ago..I never realised we had it, so I've just banged it in my AE 7.0 plugins folder and entered the temporary code..but everytime I try to import an Illustrator file (8.0 ai) no matter how simple the file is it says "not enough memory". Anyone any idea what this means?

Thanks.

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Invigorator Classic 3.0 with AE 7.0.1?
on Feb 28, 2007 at 7:08:29 pm

Hi jimmybee500,

I suspect you'll need to upgrade. A lot has changed between AE 5.5 and 7.0... and Invigorator's only gotten better.

Jon

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Mar 2, 2007 at 9:51:20 am

Hi Jon,

I probably will do (ProAnimator possibly)...but I want to see if I get on with the interface and it has what I need before asking the boss to shell out. Will it definitely not work with 7.0?

Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Mar 3, 2007 at 2:37:36 pm

Hi jimmy,

I'd double check with Zaxwerks support for sure, but I'm 99% certain you'll need to upgrade or crossgrade to ProAnimator (that would be my choice.)

Jon

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Mar 3, 2007 at 3:26:45 pm

Hi Jon, thanks. Will ring Zaxwerks on monday.

Tell me - in your experience is ProAnimator or Invig Pro the best choice for working with AE7 currently? Obviously ProAni has great behavioral animation functions, but I understand it does have some limitations that inhibit real integration with AE because of lack of 3D tracking and the fact the animation itself is totally outside of AE? Have I got this right, or have you found working with the 2 fairly seamless?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Mar 3, 2007 at 6:28:59 pm

Jimmy,

What's best for you depends on the type of work you do, but if I had to choose one, I'd choose ProAnimator. A few reasons beyond what you've said.

ProAnimator works as a stand-alone as well as a plug-in for AE. Having those options can save time. It comes with lots of animation presets which can be used as-is or as great starting points for moves of your own.

ProAnimator lets you export the camera and object animation data. You can then import the data back into After Effects and assign any other layers or precomps to the placeholder objects created when you import the data.This powerful feature allows you to easily animate AE layers and cameras in AE's 3D space with the benefit of ProAnimator's advanced animation controls. This is an advanced technique - there's lots of animation power under the hood!

Invigorator is great at what it does, but the maximum of 8 sets and the fact that you're manually setting keyframes are limiting factors.

Both apps share a common modeling heritage... so there won't be much learning curve.

You also asked about whether it matters that ProAnimator's 3D space isn't AE's 3D space. The fact is, Invigorator works the same way. Both apps let you use comp lights and camera.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

jimmybee500
on Mar 5, 2007 at 9:25:32 am

Yes it does, thanks Jon. I'll call Zaexwerks about the price of upgrade from my 3.0 classic to ProAni and I'll download the demo of ProAni and give it a go.

Ta for all your help.

Jim.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]