FORUMS: list search recent posts

White Glass Material

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian06
White Glass Material
on Feb 9, 2007 at 1:13:08 pm

Hi

Is it possible to create this kind of glass with invigorator?
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wodka_gorbatschow.jpg

I've messed around with a couple of materials but i don't get this white glass look.

Thx

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: White Glass Material
on Feb 9, 2007 at 2:34:50 pm

Yes, Julian.

You can get something like that, but you'll have to fake the refraction in your example with reflection maps.

Jon

Return to posts index

Julian06
on Feb 9, 2007 at 8:47:05 pm

hi

Well,i can't get the look of the glass with Invig.'s material.Would you create this material with some glass effects within AE in a separate comp.?

I've created the custom edge of this bottle.Which dimension should the texture maps have to fit the bottle?

The path has a dimension of 13x100 in illustrator.Shouldn't i use now 200x1537 layers to respect the aspect ratio?

Thx

Return to posts index

Julian06
on Feb 9, 2007 at 10:06:44 pm

Hi

As i put the label on the bottle as well i probably have to create a glass texture in PS or AE or?
This way i can not use invig's glass materials.Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Julian06
on Feb 9, 2007 at 10:18:36 pm

Hi

that is what i have so far

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3962/bottlenw0.jpg

looks a bit frozen :-)

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Feb 10, 2007 at 1:21:34 am

Hi Julian,

You're getting there. Assuming you're applying an image map to the entire bottle, to get the labels and the "frozen" white color, you'll need to build a transparency map and apply it to the transparency channel. Make a black and white image that's like the image you're using now... the black areas of the image are transparent... the white are opaque.. that's where your labels should be. Any grayscale parts of the image would be semi transparent.

If you've done that, the original material will show through the transparent parts of the image map. That original material should be one of the basic glass materials, perhaps with a different reflection map.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Serge
on Feb 10, 2007 at 4:41:06 am

Another way:

-First make your bottle between 90 to 100% transparent.
-Apply a reflectivity map to 100%
-Dupplicate your bottle making sure in the prefs menu that all duplication offset atributes are set to zero.
-Unlink your object style.
-Scale the duplicated bottle by one point to tell it apart from the original.
-Apply now your label shape filled with white on a black BG or alpha as a transparency map to your duplicate
-Apply your original label as a texture map.

I hope this may help. Ah! and play with the Hilight brightness & sharpness to taste.

Salut.
Serge

"InvigoMany" On sale here:http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

Julian06
on Feb 10, 2007 at 11:16:29 am

Hi there

Thank you guys for your great tips i'll try it out!
i have another question for you.
When i duplicate my custom edge object how can i assign now two different materials to them?
When assigning a material to only one of them, the duplicat automatically gets it too????

It works with primitives though.What's the trick?

[Jon Okerstrom] "Assuming you're applying an image map to the entire bottle"

No,but i'll change that.I still would like to know the right aspect ratio of the map for the entire bottle.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Feb 10, 2007 at 3:27:12 pm

Select your object, then choose select object style tab in the set-up window, then choose the "swatch..." pop up and "unlink object style."

Jon

Return to posts index

Julian06
on Feb 12, 2007 at 9:01:26 am

Hi
-First make your bottle between 90 to 100% transparent.
-Apply a reflectivity map to 100%
-Dupplicate your bottle making sure in the prefs menu that all duplication offset atributes are set to zero.
-Unlink your object style.
-Scale the duplicated bottle by one point to tell it apart from the original.

I followed the above instructions but after pressing OK on the Stats-Scale-options the duplicat gets back to
the import position,why???When i now reset the first objects position too,they still are offset.Offset attributes are set to zero!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]