FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Animator Layer Maping For a Puzzle

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PRgraphist
Pro Animator Layer Maping For a Puzzle
on Feb 3, 2007 at 12:37:43 am

I try to make a Puzzle in Pro Animator, I made all pieces(5) in Illustrator, and trying to maping with a video layer but each piece "take" all video layer as map. This kind of thinks all possible in Proanimator, If yes anybady know how?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Pro Animator Layer Maping For a Puzzle
on Feb 3, 2007 at 1:41:28 am

Hi PRgraphist,

Yes it's possible. As you've discovered, PA maps the entire image or movie across the front face of the puzzle piece. So, you need to crop the main movie to reveal only the relevant parts for each piece.

The easiest way is to use ProAnimator as an AE plug-in. Then, put the full-sized movie into five smaller precomps. Each one the proper size for one of the puzzle pieces. The smaller precomps essentially crop the movie for you, but give you flexibility to move the movie around to properly position it.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

PRgraphist
on Feb 3, 2007 at 3:35:37 am

I already on AE. I think something like your recomendation, but it seem a little diffucult to match all piece maps for compose the Image correctly. I try this anyway. Lets see what happen

Return to posts index

Serge
on Feb 3, 2007 at 5:15:59 am

Hi,

What's very important is to keep the proper aspect ratio for your comps to match those of your objects.
Click on each puzzle part in Illustrator and read in the "Transform" window the size of your object. Then you can translate the values to create your comps.

If you get stuck let me know what aspect ratio your movie has and send me the puzzle ai file for a mini tutorial.
serge_01 at msn dot com

Salut.
Serge

"InvigoMany" On sale here:http://www.nyc-visual.com

Return to posts index

PRgraphist
on Feb 3, 2007 at 4:31:44 pm

Thanks Serge. Where I can send the .ai file?. I try to crop and match the image but not sucesful. its dificult to match all piece's maps to form the image correctly

Return to posts index

PRgraphist
on Feb 3, 2007 at 5:17:57 pm

!!!!!BINGO!!!!!. I do it. My problem was the object in AI was a little rotation, for that reason the maps do not match, I put it in the correct position and !!VOILA!!, the puzzle are perfect. Thanks Jon & Serge for you help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]