FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using stroke in Illustrator for import into Zaxwerks

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kramer
Using stroke in Illustrator for import into Zaxwerks
on Jan 23, 2007 at 8:57:41 pm

Hello-

I am trying to create a basic circle with a hole in the middle. I created the stroke in illustrator then saved it.
I opened the file in zaxwerks and when it shows up it doesn't have a hole in it, it is a solid circle. It is as if the invigorator plugin thought I created a fill in illustrator.

Does anyone know why I can't bring in stroke's from illustrator?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Using stroke in Illustrator for import into Zaxwerks
on Jan 24, 2007 at 1:39:52 am

Hi Kramer,

Do this - In Illustrator, select the object, use the object > path > outline stroke.

That will turn your object into a compound path... that's what you need to get the hole in the mddle.

Jon

Return to posts index

Kramer
Re: Using stroke in Illustrator for import into Zaxwerks
on Jan 24, 2007 at 7:06:11 am

Thanks-

I tried that. It looks a little different when I see it in after effects, but the center still doen't have a hole in it.
I am basically drawing with the pen tool with the stroke selected. Then I selected the object and did what you told me. But it still comes into the invigorator without a hole in it.

Also, when I am saving the file and the "illustrator Native format options" box comes up. The transparency section is set to "Preserve appearance (flatten transparency)". Is this correct or should it be set to "Preserve Paths (discard transparency"?

The transparency section is acutally greyed out so I can't change it if I wanted to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]