FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hard Grouping

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hig116
Hard Grouping
on Jan 19, 2007 at 8:32:13 pm

I have a logo consisting of 6 layers that I need to hard group to animate as a whole. My problem is, hard group is not an option in the pull down window. Make group is but not hard group. What am I doing wrong?

Keith

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Hard Grouping
on Jan 20, 2007 at 1:37:10 am

Hi Keith,

If you're using ProAnimator, you can put all of the objects into a single object track. Adjust their position in the first pose. You can use make group to lock them together during the pose. They should then stay in lockstep.

Jon

Return to posts index

hig116
on Jan 20, 2007 at 3:41:49 am

I am using ProAnimator. When I group the layers, which are in a singel object track, they still don't stay together when animating. They are still acting as individual objects.

Keith

Return to posts index

julian06
on Jan 20, 2007 at 8:09:13 am

hi

i have exactly the same issue

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Jan 20, 2007 at 2:11:33 pm

Hi guys,

Try this:

Start with the objects in their initial pose.... the only pose on the timeline. Select all. Create the pose group. Create a second pose later in the timeline and move all of the still-selected objects to a new location using the pose positioning tools. Now, you'll see things like cascade and spread don't affect the objects during the transition and they move as one. (I'm doing this with a line of text now to confirm my understandings).

Having said that, let me ask a question: Are you using tweaks on your objects?

Jon

Return to posts index

Julian06
on Jan 21, 2007 at 12:11:26 pm

Hi

Jon ,when i move the objects just along the x axis,it works with your advice.But when i use Cylinder Wrap or
Circle Y to distribute them in a circle,pieces get offset.
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/1558/cylinderwrap5jl.jpg
I guess i have to distrbute them manually.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Jan 21, 2007 at 3:16:42 pm

Okay,

Try this:

You have them in a pose group already. Now, select the transition and make them a hard group. They should stay properly oriented to eachother in both the pose and the transition now.

Jon

Return to posts index

hig116
on Jan 21, 2007 at 8:13:42 pm

Jon:

OK the first idea works if I use the move option in pose positioning. But I am can't get the hard group to do anything different. I still have everything acting seperate. I am trying to use the presets which may be over riding the grouping I a doing. If this is the case, is there anyway to correct.

Also, I have a rectagle logo that I want to have rotate on the right side. How do I adjust the rotation point?

Thanks,
Keith

Return to posts index

Lajko1
on Jan 27, 2007 at 1:27:11 am

I also need a permanent grouping for 2 parts that make up a bowling pin. Right now they are a 3ds object that I import (created in Cool-3D studio). Is there some way to group them, export them or save then bring it back in so it is always treated as a single object? I can see problems if you have a complex 3D object consisting of many parts and always trying to re-hard-group them everytime you use it. I have some 3D models for product logos (in 3Ds format exported from Cool-#D, too) that I also need to use and the re-grouping all the time can be time consuming and subject to mistakes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]